Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Brodex Rubbish

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi Ian, over the years we have listened to the issues and concerns of window cleaners and the New Brodex Brush heads are non marking so we strongly dispute your statement, plus if sections are let drop the clamps will loosen just like any pole on the market.

We will of course help you get the poles back to full working order.

Please contact me [email protected] or 08001613212 and we will resolve the issue immediately. We sell 1000’s of these poles to beginners, well established companies and large corporates, they are very well received and and excellent value for money.

Colley614 - The Brodex you are talking about is a completely separate company from us just have the same name!
They are marking, I will send you the proof next time I get to the house where this is . It can't be my gardiners brush as the plastic doesn't come anywhere near the frames.

The pole sections don't 'drop' , you have to push them in, and the clamps haven't loosened, the plastic clamp nuts spin when you operate the clamps

i noticed i was marking the frames aswell with the edge of my brodex brush.

it was normally where i cleaned the sills at ad odd angle, so the bristles wouldn't keep the brush stock away from the frame.

Hi Ian,

Please do email those pictures. So you are having an issue with the nut and bolt not the clamp itself?

If so give me a call and I will be happy to get this sorted for you.

John.

I am having an issue with the whole set of clamps . I went through 2 sets on my old pole that were replaced, now the same with this one. Don't bother sending me any new ones. They will do the same . Unless you have a new type that actually works. it might work on your desk, but after using the pole for what it's meant for it dosent.

I will send you the photos,when im back at the house next time round please send me an email.

The nut does not hold on the clamp after a few weeks, there's nothing you can do with them apart from glue it. But then your buggered if you need to adjust them. So what do you do!!

I have had new levers, bolts and nuts, they make no difference at all. You need to employ some designers that know how to design things!

Hi Ian,

As discussed previously we sell thousands of our poles with exactly the same clamping system and get very good feedback.

I am willing to do everything in my power to get this resolved for you. I am in the office all day so please give me a call.

I have had new levers, bolts and nuts, they make no difference at all. You need to employ some designers that know how to design things!
what exactly is the problem with the clamps, i have had my pole 2 years and they all work fine.

I worked at a company and we had about 10 brodex hydra poles and all suffered the same problem. Clamp levers snapping, nuts not turning to replace clamps. The whole clamp sections coming away from the poles. I am looking at investing around 7k into a loan to buy a van, system and poles and I have totally lost faith in Brodex. As it stands I would rather drive most of the way across the country to pure freedom than 10 minutes up the road to brodex. It's a shame, a friend of mine had a brodex system and I used or hire it from him and it was great. The cobra and predator poles where fantastic but I don't believe for one second that you get positive feedback on the new poles. The only way you could convince me otherwise is I used one myself for 12 and it stayed in one piece and I know it wouldn't.

As soon as they stop holding the poles in place , and need adjusting, I tighten the nuts 1 click, then operate the clamps , and the nut turns with the lever, to a position even looser than it was to begin with. cheap rubbish. If you want to help, send me a different make of clamps

And YOU can call ME, I called you lot about 20 times in the month that my pole was away for repair, I give up with yas!!

I used a brodex for about a week and got loads of complaints from customers maybe thats why WFP has a bad rep with some. I changed all my brushes to Gardiner and had no problems since. Bumped into another windie just paid out for a new brodex pole with a trigger attached he was having problems with the hose getting trapped. very badly thought out designs.

We've just spent £600 on an Unger 33ft pole. Amazing quality. So lite you can hold it ith your little finger and brush..... No issues, no marking. Did a shocking first clean yesterday and went on site today to check everything was ok. All windows looking amazing.

IMO, you get what you pay for.

We have other poles, that if we'd have used on this job, you'd have been off for a week soaking your aching bones from using them!

Hi Colley,

Please come over and see me one day when you are free.

I will give you a pole to use and give me some feedback

John

The nut does not hold on the clamp after a few weeks, there's nothing you can do with them apart from glue it. But then your buggered if you need to adjust them. So what do you do!!
cut bolt and put new bolt in

sounds as tho you have the clamp far too tight and are damaging the threads in the nut, swap the nut and bolt out for standard steel ones.

Back