Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Got 8 Customers Today Plus A Future Bonus :)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

Went canvassing from 17:00 till 20:00 got 8 customers /emoticons/smile.png all regular ! /emoticons/biggrin.png

I got 1 man... he said to me.... do u use the reach and wash system i said yeah he goes i had a lad before but it left streaks... i said to him... i do a proepr job i said i use pure water but some people dont use pure water theirs a lot of cowboys out their..... I go i do a great job.... when i finished my clean i alway leave arecept with u... and on the reciept it says if your not happy call us within 24 hours... i go if your not ever happy with me just call me and i will come back around and do them for free /emoticons/smile.png

He goes to me i got a pub on so and so road... i go oh right... what pub is it ? and he told me and its one of the biggest pubs in the town... he goes if u do good u can have that aswell /emoticons/smile.png So i got to spend extra time on this house and do a good job /emoticons/smile.png

I got 75 regular customers /emoticons/smile.png my monthly takings are now over £500.00 ! /emoticons/smile.png

thats a good evenings graft /emoticons/tongue.png

i havent canvassed for 3 years as i find the customers always want a deal?

i have been heavily reliant on word of mouth, or new doors on the road.

when a customers aproaches you the price is always a good one.

also, when a customer says i had a window cleaner before but he never turned up /emoticons/smile.png

thats the cue to ask how much he charged? then say arghhhhhh thats why /emoticons/smile.png

and hike it up a few quid more

When they say to me he hasnt been in a while so ill have u... i explain to them that they only come in the summer for a bit of beer money and in the winter their back in the job centre

lol

Good work mate!

What's been your opening line? Mine is "Sorry to bother you but a week ago i hand delivered a leaflet here which you probably put straight in the bin as i would have done the same however i'm a local window cleaner, just starting out and can offer you a good, reliable service that might even be cheaper than your current cleaner"

I think we get about 10 seconds before they lose interest /emoticons/smile.png

Good work mate!

What's been your opening line? Mine is "Sorry to bother you but a week ago i hand delivered a leaflet here which you probably put straight in the bin as i would have done the same however i'm a local window cleaner, just starting out and can offer you a good, reliable service that might even be cheaper than your current cleaner"

I think we get about 10 seconds before they lose interest /emoticons/smile.png
I think I'd get tongue tied a bit saying all that in ten seconds lol. But you are right I think.

I heard it was 15 seconds but either way you don't have much time to get across your initial pitch. The leaflet follow up is a good idea though.

I dont say anything... I just say this everytime...

Hiya their, Would you like a window cleaner ? /emoticons/biggrin.png

Move on

Hiya their, Would you like a window cleaner ? /emoticons/biggrin.png

Move on

Hiya their, Would you like a window cleaner ? /emoticons/smile.png

Move on

Hiya their, Would you like a window cleaner ? /emoticons/smile.png

LOL

Get it across the shortest possible way..... thats all that matters /emoticons/smile.png

Hey how's it going? I clean windows in your street every 4 weeks and was just wondering if you would like yours cleaned?

Some just answer yes.... I love when they say ooh yes! We have been wanting a window cleaner for ages.. You more less have the job!

No problem, Could you show me around to see your windows?

Try and make small talk, I hate when's it's just silence feels awkward.

Ok that would be £?? Every 4 weeks and weather permitting we will be here on tuesday?

Times Iv stood for about 20 mins talking to people!

If they say no thanks mine are ok, and really they are black I just give them a flyer and say no problem. Or if it's no we already have one, they don't get a flyer and I just say no bother thanks anyway

I wasted 2 years and loads of £ using flyers and cards and in local papers etc.. I just hated the thought of knocking doors. But after you first couple of times it's like you've done it a million times

i never give cards to people who have cleaners lol and when they say yeah make a convo with them.. If its sunny say to them its been a nice day hasnt it, and watch them get excited lol then say to them it will probably rain tomorrow, u never know with the british weather ! and they will totally agree with u lol

you should neve undercut another window cleaner, if someone undercut me they would be thrown off there ladder simple as that.

you should neve undercut another window cleaner, if someone undercut me they would be thrown off there ladder simple as that.
Why not, people get quotes from builders etc mostly taking the cheaper one if end result will be the same. Business is business madboat and everyone wants to hold on to as much of their hard earned dosh as possible. Having a Patch and not being beaten on price don't have a place in the world today, and if a windy wanted to throw me off my ladder he wants to hope to god he can handle himself once I'm down. I wouldn't actively go in to undercut someone but if it happens so what.

News bulletin: tescos declare war on Asda, Asda selling fairy for 20p less!!

I wouldn't go around trying to pick up work cheaper than someone else. But there will be people out there who will, tho 99% of my customers I wouldn't have a worry of losing to a lower priced cleaner..

If a custies happy with a cleaner, they mostly won't swap for the sake of a quid or two but if they did and I was the one they got shut of I'd be asking myself why, not throwing someone off their ladder.

Thats the key point Dodger, you've hit that one exactly on its head. Price, is rarely an issue, its customer loyalty - Ive had the same service provider for years, their not going to give two hoots if what your offering is cheaper Im talking on the commercial side here, you would be completely surprised at how loyal these commercial buildings are to their current cleaner - 10 years, 20 years and the list goes on

Thats the key point Dodger, you've hit that one exactly on its head. Price, is rarely an issue, its customer loyalty - Ive had the same service provider for years, their not going to give two hoots if what your offering is cheaper
Yep, It's like I mentioned to you earlier young dj's working cheap is losing experienced dj's work but on the clubs busiest ***ht I still get paid good money after 12+ years for one reason only and thats the fact that I'm good at what I do and someone for half the price is a risk and may not be as good. I've never taken work from another dj because I'm cheaper but I've taken plenty because I'm better and I'll look at window cleaning in the same way.

Back