Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sub contract work

Smurf

Took a phone call yesterday from a cleaning company wanting a price to washdown 6 properties.

Wanted to know how much over the phone to do all 6. I said no thanks I would not be cheap as I pick and choose what work I take on. The guy reply was "I wished I could".

As a matter of principle I never take on subby work do you?

most want it done for next to nothing whilst they sit back and make money from you doing bugger all. /emoticons/biggrin.png

your right smurf , prices with the nationals are notoriously low , i done a lot of shop windows through a big contractor and had agreed a daily rate but when it came to getting paid it took months to get paid and the agreed amount wasnt paid , so never again . since then i took 3 of his customers by undercutting him , these were independant retailers so there was no contract in place , ive since passed the jobs on to a guy who only does shops as they were badly priced .

hiya matey-i see u everywhere! old van blew up , touch wood this un doesnt! are u on track for crimbo?

No more sub contract work for me. I did about 4 bussines jobs for one company. Asked one of there customers how much they charged, and it was 15% more than I got.

Later on they just dropped me, said can't use ladder any more.

Better off just doing my own work.

hiya matey-i see u everywhere! old van blew up , touch wood this un doesnt! are u on track for crimbo?

Well i do like to get about haha..With the rubbish weather coming our way i think i will be behind for xmas. But i am ok at the moment. How about you?

Latest Posts

Back