Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New ladders

are you allowed beer to quench your thirst whilst you work...oh only in dreams..../emoticons/biggrin.png i almost snuck off to the pub in that heat this week....

I was in Brentwood last night working and all the fake tit oompaloompa orange essex girls were out with hardly anything on

Wish I could have stopped in the pub

I'm thinking ladder make don't really matter as long as I find a set that are trade and not too heavy

I'm thinking ladder make don't really matter as long as I find a set that are trade and not too heavy
Pretty much.

But keep an eye on the feet to. A wide stabiliser feels very safe, but for even slightly tight spaces, they can be difficult. Lyte have a very good rep though. I've had a go on the youngman DIY (rated to 110kg I think) and, while they are nicely made for the price, I would want something a bit stronger for my weight.

View attachment 2746

all new and waiting for me to do...er just how do i do that off a ladder..?

as a solo operator i could just get to it with the ladder mitts on and the foot wedged by my car....or of course...i could get out banana...and wfp..and then again...there is always this nice job to do...View attachment 2747

and yes the paving slabs are loose...poled in future...View attachment 2748

all four now wfp...

Lyte are not the lightest make of trade ladders . i have 4 sets of Lytes , two are triples and two are doubles . the doubles are made of a lighter alloy than what the triples are. i also once had a set of LYTES domestics which were almost like a toy ,miniature box stiles and miniature D rungs too , i think i did 1 day on them but was scared to continue as they were narrow .they had red feet

Back