Need a van for business whats do you recommend to get?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by jordan, Oct 10, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. jordan

jordan Member

May 29, 2014
    I currently have an old van and now that i'm busy i need to get a more reliable van
    i have a few options buy a nice van for about £3200 maybe 2011 or something as i have money in bank.
    my dad said i should lease a van and said you don't have to worry about maintenance
    Finance a van
    don't know much about leasing a brand new van or financing i don't like debt but want something reliable and also something i can claim on the business i will be using the van for 25% personal use
    Thanks for any help :)
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

recently local citroen dealer was offering me a 3yr contract hire on a berlingo crewvan 1.2k down and 150 per month for 3 yrs . iv looked about elsewhere and seems thats about the going rate for that sized van
  3. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Green Pro Clean Ltd Grand Master

Jan 20, 2015
    Leasing = not yours, paying for ages to use it and then just giving it back and having nothing to show for your money.

Financing = Paying for the van and then a shed load on top cause someone said you was good for the money! CAUTION!!! Some thieving finance tossers charge almost 50% APR

Buying one in your budget = loads of shopping around, trawling the Auto Trader and eBay and Gumtree. Decide on size of system and equipment you want to carry so you know your payload then find a suitable van. With a budget of £3k you should easily be able to find a good reliable van with a bit of shopping about.

Good luck.