Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flat Surface Cleaner On Block Paving?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jimbob

does anyone use a flat surface cleaner on block paving? over the last couple of months ive been asked to a couple of jobs were theyve had there drive cleaned and its still left bits of muck on the edges of the brick, i know the company that did it has got a set up so there either using the wrong equipment for the job or rushing it. the main reason im asking as i was thinking of investing in one of these but 90% of my power washing jobs are lock block so i wont bother if there no good for it

Would say I would need at least 21 lpm 3000 psi washers to drive my fsc's properly.

My15 lpm washer when using an fsc I've found doesn't work very well on filthy block paving so prefer to just use a turbo now.

Regards quality of work that sounds like the bloke is rushing the job and not paying enough attention to detailing edges etc properly.

I use a 20" whirlaway, it's a great tool for all flat surface cleaning.

When cleaning block paving lift and tilt the fsc at regular intervals, that way you don't get a build up slowing down the spinning jets and you can see if you have missed a bit.

I cut in at the corners and fiddly bits with a adjustable pressure lance.

Intersting....so what lpm & psi do you run it at as I also have a 20" whirlaway and its pants on fithy block paving :Image16:

Do you use chems?

I use a 20" whirlaway, it's a great tool for all flat surface cleaning.

When cleaning block paving lift and tilt the fsc at regular intervals, that way you don't get a build up slowing down the spinning jets and you can see if you have missed a bit.

I cut in at the corners and fiddly bits with a adjustable pressure lance.

Hi smurf, only use chemicals on stubborn lichen really.

I have the jets adjusted up quite high, I run a 11hp Honda, bespoke pump....3600 psi 250 bar 18ltr per min.

Ps...I have just brought a gutter vac, carbon poles, camera etc. do you find plenty of work gutter wise?

I'm thinking of really promoting it this autumn/winter...maybe £49 front and back 3 bed semi, any thoughts?

Thanks,...just goes to show how a higher lpm washer is important to drive a fsc.

Most of my work includes gutter clearing so yes there is plenty of work out there to be had.

My advice would be stick to 2 storey work max at the start so you can find out it's limitations as they are not all they are cracked up to be but still comes in very handy to have.

Be prepared to clear gutters & unblock downspouts by hand if need be too.

Price wise go with your gut feeling what price you will be happy with as each job is different. For instance you should charge more on awkward jobs like over conservatories etc.

cheers guys i recon il just stick to my turbo nozzle, i was thinking about upgrading my pressure washer its only 2900psi and 8lpm but i didnt want to mess about filling buffer tanks etc i only do 1 or 2 jobs a month and there usually just average sized semi detached drives that take me 2-3 hours each

Back