Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Affiliation

CNS-southwest

Just an idea that came into my head,

Basically there is a reputable glass company in my area, I was Gona approach them and basically go along the lines of, ill stick a sponsored by stick and an a4 size peice with there logo and dets on my van, I I can put one for me on theirs and then we exchange business cards, leaflets and for every house I work on, ill give them their leaflet if they do the same visa versa.

Anyone have any experience of this before?

All comments and suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Dave

my brother works for a glazing firm and the main problem is they work all over, iv got them to pass my details on to a couple of local jobs though, and got a couple of custys from it so if you can get a glazing company that only does local work you should do alright

Networking is good business but not sure about advertising someone else's company on your van though.

my brother works for a glazing firm and the main problem is they work all over, iv got them to pass my details on to a couple of local jobs though, and got a couple of custys from it so if you can get a glazing company that only does local work you should do alright
The company I was thinking of is local and work within the same 10 miles radius that ill work so hopefully that won't be such an issue

yh i definitely wouldnt want a double glazing firms details on my motor, but id be happy to hand out details to custys that might need them

Networking is good business but not sure about advertising someone else's company on your van though.
I was thinking about that too, but my sign writing will be quite big, where as there sponsor bit will only be a4 and will be low down on the doors...

Thing is you have to think of your reputation so if for some reason the firm that you have advertised on you van does a bad job etc and word spreads could have a bad impact on your business too. /emoticons/wink.png

No company is infallible and some do make mistakes, if the company has a good reputation to date then i'd go for it. Its only a decal at the end of the day can take it off. Had a window company owner today ask me of if i'd do all his new fits, (clean his windows aswel) said yeah no prob but would be charged extra as travel out of area etc and he said it was fine, likely to pick a few new custies up, no canvassing, any customers I give him i'll get commission on as well so quids in. In today's financial climate i think its worth getting work where you can. extra revenue can't be bad.

No company is infallible and some do make mistakes, if the company has a good reputation to date then i'd go for it. Its only a decal at the end of the day can take it off. Had a window company owner today ask me of if i'd do all his new fits, (clean his windows aswel) said yeah no prob but would be charged extra as travel out of area etc and he said it was fine, likely to pick a few new custies up, no canvassing, any customers I give him i'll get commission on as well so quids in. In today's financial climate i think its worth getting work where you can. extra revenue can't be bad.
i agree with u... i like the way u think /emoticons/smile.png very business minded /emoticons/smile.png

The other day I was approached by an out of town roof cleaning firm that was cleaning a driveway down the road from where I was working. One of the lads gave me some leaflets and said some window cleaners earn upto £200 commission for each roof cleaning lead generated comes off.

To be honest thought they were a cowboy outfit so would not go recommending them to any of my customers as could backfire bigtime on me.

The other day I was approached by an out of town roof cleaning firm that was cleaning a driveway down the road from where I was working. One of the lads gave me some leaflets and said some window cleaners earn upto £200 commission for each roof cleaning lead generated comes off.

To be honest thought they were a cowboy outfit so would not go recommending them to any of my customers as could backfire bigtime on me.
so u get 200 quid for getting them a job ? lol

Yer you gota make sure you choose the right company, you need a get out clause aswell, cos if their reputation falls suddenly then you don't want to be associated anymore

Galss company only works in a 10 mils radius?
There abouts, well when they did work for me a few tears back they inly webt 10 miles out max ( i was asking them if they could do work for a friend), they may have extended their radius a bit now, but they are still based from my centre point. you gota remember I'm near London so lots of houses all packed tightly together, they don't need to go further, there not a national company and started out small, they have another branch closer to London, but ill be looking to go with the ones in my area of course.

There is also lots of estate agents tht I was Gona go into and offer the end of lease cleans on there rented properties and ask then if I could leave a few leaflets, they might say no, better than not asking though

Latest Posts

Back