Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

pure freedom heater?

Why not go with the gas heaters , i do , and as I can understand from others it's a quite expensive piece of kit to buy but not least to run at a daily basis.

As you constantly heating the whole bunch, instead of the actual amount you're using . One guy I know is sorry he didn't just buy for instance my Eccotemp 5l.

Which heater are you talking about - if it’s the diesel heater in the stainless case it will be similar to the heatwave system I have, it’s massive!!! See details below
4d4f627ac26a3c8a33d5f5699f920118.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

iam looking for some heat also_On cold overcast days with cold water,no need to say much more.I use a trolly some of the time,so would like to fill that with warm or hot.You don't necisrly need hot every day so an emersion? Diesel heater on frostat? what temp could I get the water to on recycling with an insulated tank so I can fill my trolly?May be I could get it hotter with gas.but on frostat at night, I,d be worrid that the gas failed to be ignighted  filling the van with gas and then finding its spark,BANG !!

IMO i wouldnt go messing about with gas heaters....its just not worth it....if you want a proper safe hot water system thats reliable (with frost stat feature)and consistent hot water so you dont have to remember to put a heater in the back of your van on freezing cold nights then youll have to put you hand in your pocket,you wont get much change out of £5k for a grippatank hot system but well worth it if you ve got a newish van and want to use hot water all day/ every day all year round(i do).....

on the other hand if you just want warm water for frost protection in the winter months then an immersion element in your tank could be just what your looking for (for less than £100)...

I understand hot water gives a better 1st clean,but do u also, youse your hot for maintenance during the summer months?As an experienced trad,if I use hot in the summer,the scrim dries out much to fast. Thanks

I understand hot water gives a better 1st clean,but do u also, youse your hot for maintenance during the summer months?As an experienced trad,if I use hot in the summer,the scrim dries out much to fast. Thanks
hot water is actually more beneficial in the warmer months for cleaning power as the waters very hot(50c-65c at brush head)so sticky pollen,bird strikes,bird muck,insect spots,etc and add on jobs/first cleans are all easier to clean.....i use hot water every day ALL year round.....

hot water is actually more beneficial in the warmer months for cleaning power as the waters very hot(50c-65c at brush head)so sticky pollen,bird strikes,bird muck,insect spots,etc and add on jobs/first cleans are all easier to clean.....i use hot water every day ALL year round.....

I definitely agree with you on that, although I think we may be in the minority. I get the impression (maybe wrong) that most only use their hot water on 1st cleans or in the colder weather. 

For me, the warm water is nice in the winter, but in the summer it definitely helps with removing the insect/bird muck. 

Back