Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best way to apply hypo

get some pictures up not all patios will benefit from hypo- basic set up all you need is ubik or fairy liquid water mixed with hypo pour on cup of coffee agigitate with stiff broom rinse should be away

In my opinion with hypo where patios are concerned you can't go that wrong with it being too much apart from environmental factors and wasting hypo=wasting profit margin that's all

I'm not going to advise I have personally cleaned patios in past where some hypo has run over to Tarmac and stained- I'm sure hypo can be used at correct mix ratios- I now opt for a biocide wash I use the Benz bio wash products others are available (mark caves) range

The 'strength / mix' ratio of the hypo is dependent upon the condition of the patio to begin with.

As for application a good watering can as @Williams Jet Wash says will do just fine and also waste a lot less mix than some soft-wash machines.

The coffee is optional, I prefer tea myself. -- The reason is once you have applied your mix and given a stiff brushing you need to allow at least 30 minutes for it to be most effective, do be aware dependent on soiling of the patio you may need two or more applications.

With regards to tarmac yes you can. HOWEVER -- Tarmac comes in various states from fresh deep black to faded unloved pale grey.

If your mix is too strong or left too long there is a chance it MAY stain tarmac that is in 'good' condition. With the poor condition grey faded driveway you really need not worry so much.

If you are looking for add on services re-coloring tarmac drives can be very lucrative.

Remember, always hose down and soak surrounding areas (to the area you are cleaning) first, and again once finished. Always do a test patch first and if in doubt. Leave it alone.

Back