Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

no more gutters please.....well okay suppose i need the money....

I don't really need to do that @Tuffers as I get plastered in gutter **** most days /emoticons/biggrin.png

Spread some of the muck on your face so it looks like you've really grafted /emoticons/wink.png I do.

oh and thankyou for the tip yesterday when i kinda hijacked the thread on solar panels.....dohhhh why the hell didnt i think of taking the end cap off first.....me very like homer simpleton.....this forum has already taught me two tips to help me.....and of course put up my prices...well thats what your here for!

I had a good one this morning @cheapncheerful as I poped out to do a quick quote.

3 bed small detached gutters (approx 22m inc above garage) which had never been cleared out in twenty years and the outside of the white guttering & fascias were filthy too so the lady ask for a price to wash them over aswell. So I gave my price and the lady said yes straight away which always makes me wonder if I priced it up too cheap as you do. :rolleyes:

Anyhow as I had nothing else to do today for a change so I said because the gutters are overflowing would you like me to sort it out whilst I was here. The lady and her husband both said yes please if you have the time to do it today. Two and a half hours later I got paid £140. Mind you I did get a bit wet as was peeing down most of the time. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
just a bit peeved now......just you wait the next person that asks me is in for a shock....i dont actually clean that many to be truthful, i think it was just one of those days this week ....a bit like the bus thing where you get none for ages..etc....

I count myself very lucky @cheapncheerful that I can get away with what I charge but does help using the right kit and having a very good reputation for doing quality work.

Now you can see why I don't want or need a big window cleaning round /emoticons/wink.png

I don't really need to do at @Tuffers as I get plastered in gutter **** most days /emoticons/biggrin.png
I was doing some gutters the other day. They had that plastic netting In which is supposed to stop them from getting blocked. The customer asked me to get rid of It. As i was pulling some of it out, It suddenly released and shot out firing all kinds of **** into my eye. Quite painful and couldnt open my eye for 5 minutes. I was still getting muck out of my eye later that night. Made me wonder whether goggles should sometimes be worn.

just a bit peeved now......just you wait the next person that asks me is in for a shock....i dont actually clean that many to be truthful, i think it was just one of those days this week ....a bit like the bus thing where you get none for ages..etc....
Dont beat yourself up c and c.......we all learn in time and this forum certainly helps guide us.

I use eye protection most of the time...and yes I've taken loads of that so say gutter guard **** out aswell as customers don't want it put back in.

I was doing some gutters the other day. They had that plastic netting In which is supposed to stop them from getting blocked. The customer asked me to get rid of It. As i was pulling some of it out, It suddenly released and shot out firing all kinds of **** into my eye. Quite painful and couldnt open my eye for 5 minutes. I was still getting muck out of my eye later that night. Made me wonder whether goggles should sometimes be worn.

Not sure if anyone else does this but thought I would mention it as it helps a lot. I always have a full bucket of fresh water on the ground with a few drops of fairy in it. That way, whenever I come down to dump the rubbish, or move the ladder, you can give your hands or tools a quick rinse. It keeps everything a lot cleaner.

And yes, I too will be wearing eye protection from now on. Been covered in 'gutterbukkake' way too many times now.:confused: But the turning point was the last job I had where a gust of wind through a load of dry grit in my eye.

Not sure if anyone else does this but thought I would mention it as it helps a lot. I always have a full bucket of fresh water on the ground with a few drops of fairy in it. That way, whenever I come down to dump the rubbish, or move the ladder, you can give your hands or tools a quick rinse. It keeps everything a lot cleaner.
And yes, I too will be wearing eye protection from now on. Been covered in 'gutterbukkake' way too many times now.:confused: But the turning point was the last job I had where a gust of wind through a load of dry grit in my eye.
and that be my third great tip off this site......but why didnt i think of that....great idea ta.....

Not sure if anyonedare else does this but thought I would mention it as it helps a lot. I always have a full bucket of fresh water on the ground with a few drops of fairy in it. That way, whenever I come down to dump the rubbish, or move the ladder, you can give your hands or tools a quick rinse. It keeps everything a lot cleaner.
"Gutterbukkake" lol........will be smiling on my next gutter clean.darent even type it into google!

[quotid=cheapncheerful, post: 161457, member: 7621]and that be my third great tip off this site......but why didnt i think of that....great idea ta.....

Good Idea as your hands and tools can get pretty manky

Back