Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

late to liquidator party

So what is the best handle to get for the liquidator channel & what is the handle it would come with.

I'm a bit of a novice on handles as all I've ever bought is unger. I've tried it in my unger & it's ok but if there's one out there that could make it perform better I'd like to know.

I done the hot water nipping mod & in my unger Handel the rubbers don't move.

Last edited by a moderator:
id say fit it into a Wagtail, then again im biased to wagtail as thats all iv used for 7 yrs . it defo improves the stock wagtail this new moerman

I've noticed the handles on the vids on you tube are more of an angle then the unger I use.

Sorry boar I cannot get on with a wagtail

So what is the best handle to get for the liquidator channel & what is the handle it would come with.
It's difficult to say what would be good for you personally. But a very cheap, but light, 40 degree angle, that grips channel and rubber is the contico/pulex hi rise

I've noticed the handles on the vids on you tube are more of an angle then the unger I use.
Sorry boar I cannot get on with a wagtail
took me 6 months to get the wag! some folk get it on day 1 !!!

I reckon I'd be ok with a wag due to using swivel squeegees but i can see some people would struggle to use a swiveloc like i do

Especially on top floor on end of harris pole

It is all a learning curve

0° Swiveloc is completely different to use on a pole than a normal squeegee if you want to fan and not just straight pulls leaving the little line down the middle

As i am sure a wag would take some getting used to also

I've just ordered an unger adjustable crank for the end of the harris pole to make it easier to use at awkward angles

I have some awkward access houses that i am going to leave the ladders on the motor now and pole all the tops

Just have to wrap rag round squeegee afterwards to wipe the sills

some of my workers in the past got the hang of the Wag at the first window-jammy gits! ,

i myself tried hard a few months with no joy then one day when i wasnt trying i suddenly got it. the lightbulb moment!!

iv got one of the old style zero degree swivelocs that i never got along with, its riding in the van probably has only cleaned 3 windows tops in 7 yrs -might fit a moerman channel in it see if it does the biz

You have to use it differently on a pole as it is a very different angle to use it at

The blue & black one.

My misses loved it today. Cleaned our bungalow windows about 6 times trying to get used to it. She had a go as she used to clean windows with me. She did it straight away.

I've got a unger swivel loc @daveyboy1 & have a modded one in that that works brilliant so didn't need another one so just went for the normal one.

Bet it ain't as good as my unger handles ???

Both my swiveloc 0 and 30 have my own modded blades in them 10" in the 0 and 18 " in the 30 at the moment and they work lovely

The 30° just gets used as a fixed handle nowadays

What's the liquidator like in a 0' swivellock @daveyboy1
Not tried it as didn't need to change what i have in it

The liquidator works as a swiveloc if needed and the channel works ok in that on a pole

I really like the feel of the blue/black bi-component. I use it with the 10". I think it's 40° and is a little 'fatter' than the Unger Ergotech. On one of my 14s and/or the 18 I like their new black one. Would really like them to upgrade it by making the grip the same as their blue/black and I am a little skeptical of the swivel assembly. It seems very lightweight and a little clunky. The other 14 I have on a Wagtail PC disc and handle...it sings. Love it.

I don't use the swivel on it..just when i tried it on the pole to do the vid i made

But as a normal handle it is excellent i think due to the angle shape of the head

Back