Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Come On Then Covert Me!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gushysfella

So the isle of wight is one of the hardiest water areas in the uk if I put a salt sofner filter on a di kit how long will 2x 25ltr resin filters and a 30ltr salt filter last me in weeks / months. Got a DIY kit all priced up but conflicting advice from 2 stockists. And no way hers in doors will be happy If I puck a 1000ltr tank in garage!!!

Any advice lads?????

Southern water web site says 3.93 but that's low isn't it? Yet there web site says hard water ????
Dont go with that. Thats probably tested before its put through pipes and went through a tap. You could probably use it at the PPM

Ok got a Tds reading from the tap of 123???? If I fit my old car detailing water filters it drops to a reading of 77, and there old filters. Do you chaps think if I ran a DI set up with a water softener Tank in line it would bring me down to a level usable for wfp?

I've dropped in a few times the conversation of a ro set up in garage and she not happy, first time in 8 years she can use the garage to put car in after I got rid of my car detailing set up lol

Ok so been doing a little research on ro set ups and di. Was reading the instructions on my TDS meter and 123 is not the reading it’s the settings menu!!

Filled a pint glass from the tap, ran tap for 60 seconds filled glass let it stand for 2 mins and took reading as it says in the instructions, 701 first reading, repeated process 3 times, 2 reading 699, 3rd reading 704, is this right??????????? :blink:

Going by another forum a guy said it was about 325 ppm in your area.

Why would you need to be in the settings menu??? A handheld tds meter like in the pics below is already calibrated for you so just need to take the reading. Simples...

10.jpg

Very limited to places on the island to buy anything like a Tds meter and was about to order one on tinterweb when the mrs said she'd pick one up on the way home place on industrial estate she works at sells them? Grate I thought till she came home with a pool water tester!! It measures all sorts in the water from fly s**t to ozone but I can't work it out I tested boiled water left to go cold and it was higher so tested bottled water again high so it's going back one on the way from pure-O2 !!!

Latest Posts

Back