Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp Damaging Wooden Windows?

TobySampson

Hi all,

Haven't been on here for a while as I got addicted and had to stop.

Anyway... Had a customer the other day say that she wants me to start doing it traditional again as her painter decorator said that the windows were rotting from behind the paint due to WFP.

I've tried to find info to show her about it but can't see any. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

Toby

Ask her what she does when it's raining! There was a load of rumours that wfp scratched the glass and upvc when I was setting mine up but all unfounded.

The reason why her windows are rotten is that they are old and needs replacing so is nothing to do with wfp. Simples...

Not good when painters talk bull just to gain extra work.

Myself if wooden windows are in bad condition rotten or paint is flaking I don't take the work on.

I take them on as I have a contact who gives me 5% if I refer them to him for the painting.

The reason why her windows are rotten is that they are old and needs replacing so is nothing to do with wfp. Simples...

Not good when painters talk bull just to gain extra work.

Myself if wooden windows are in bad condition rotten or paint is flaking I don't take the work on.

They look like new... No flaking, rotting etc. don't think I'll be cleaning it for long. Takes an age by hand...
If it comes to it try charging extra 40/50% saying really you've moved on from trad cleaning.

Hi all,

Haven't been on here for a while as I got addicted and had to stop.

Anyway... Had a customer the other day say that she wants me to start doing it traditional again as her painter decorator said that the windows were rotting from behind the paint due to WFP.

I've tried to find info to show her about it but can't see any. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

Toby
My advice to to just move on and don't waste your time with them. They will never be happy. Let them find a traditional cleaner to do the job.

And yes, most of us wfper's have come across this story before, hence the advice.

We have also been accused of filling the gap between the windows with water with that jet-wash, killing the pot plants with our water, and washing the sand out of the gaps between the block paving.

Back