Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help with Brodex system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Right. Cheers for your help. I was thinking of getting a fibredyne filter after reading about them on this site. I'm becoming more aware of Brodex and their underhanded behaviour towards their customers. This is our first venture into wfp, first system. Just unlucky to have gone with them. I won't be going with them in the future.
When I started up 4 years ago, I asked about them on this forum. Every answer was to avoid like the plague, I'm glad I took their advice, they seem good on paper.

HF5 is still the best on the market for low pressure however the window cleaning market is not about quality but price.

I had a hose sales rep come to see me and he agreed the hose we sold was quality. Interestingly he mentioned the window cleaning market isn’t about quality bit price. When asked what percentage rejects they would have he advised 0 is the aim and was surprised they have around 20% rejection rate. Even with good quality they don’t want to sell it as the price is too high for them.

Sadly it’s the same with membranes now with low quality membranes as low prices.

The major I have with a certain supplier is likes of us and other suppliers build RO systems and put them out there. You then have the drop ship companies working from home not registered as business selling these membranes for next to nothing. There is no money in it now building systems. Good prices for window cleaners but when you have overheads and business rates you cannot compete with someone who is running their business at home. Why build systems for them to destroy the market. Just my thoughts.
Its getting the same in property maintenance business. A big company will charge the church £600to a grand a day for a tradesperson. I can do the same job for £300 a day because of low overheads. Many companies will struggle with business rates next year and think about returning to running from home.

Back