Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice on canvassing...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have a friend who's a student I payed him £50 to out 500 flyers out recently only got a £80 patio in return so far. Basically find someone you can trust who is willing to walk the streets for 2days for £50 quid in my opinion

I have a friend who's a student I payed him £50 to out 500 flyers out recently only got a £80 patio in return so far. Basically find someone you can trust who is willing to walk the streets for 2days for £50 quid in my opinion
I wouldn't get caught up in hourly rate etc just say here's X amount of flyers you get paid when they're delivered but someone you can trust

I pay my daughter and her partner. Students so need the money. I pay them 50 plus I give a fiver for every job gained from there efforts. When they at uni I do it myself don't trust many people. I remember when working for royal mail in London. A new manager asked why the trollys weren't stored in the trolly shed. The reason when he went round the back. The trolly shed, bike shed and most of the yard was full of years and years of dumped mail shot leaflets.

How about this... If the canvasser secures a monthly clean how much you recon he should get paid, bearing in mind he's on commission only?

E.g he secures a £10 monthly his commission = £??

Ditto £15 etc etc

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

a good way to check on a leafletter is to randomly insert a test route now and then . theyre gonna leaflet a long and thin road, such as leafletting an artery road that runs for a few miles.up one side then back the other it needs to be at least a 2hour walk . you can easily drive by then several times without stopping but observing- but dont tell them obviously

whatever you do ,you must plan on checking up cos once cheating starts,,and it can start anytime,, youre wasting your money. i actually still hav in my drawer a black Elvis cheapo wig and i used to wear it on backwards together with shades to check that my leafletting was actually being done! its so important to build your round up solid that every single canvvass /marketing effort must be done ruthlessly and to everyones best ability.

Last edited:
Back