Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many meters of hose do you use?

What length of hose do you use?

• Less than 30m

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100M

• More than 100M

• Total voters

best

I read the statement in a recent thread "i got a 30m hose reel"

I personaly use 100 meters of 6mm microbore

What hose do you use?

What length?

Well you see, i had to first of all plan the route of every single one of my jobs in my work area, so I could figure out how much hose I'd need from home, as that's where my company is based.

I then worked out an average distance I walk around a property.

And multiplied those two figures with the amount of maximum reach I have (40ft) and the amount of upstairs windows I have.

This means if the weather is bad or petrol shoots up, I can leave my van anywhere and be able to reach any window on my round, with plenty to spare.

The ten reels can be stationed at various locations, and it saves having one really heavy reel when I pack up.

It makes sense.

wow masons, guess can see some logic, tho not sure about the maths tho with the maximum upstairs reach.......

that would be hell of hose tho, u sure pump could pump it?! how many u tried it with?

you'd need a bigger tank as half your water will be spread along the streets in your hoses lol (joke!)

got 2

1x 100m 6mm

1x 60m 6mm

but will bw getting a 200m reel of pole hose to use in the next few weeks if i can be bothered lol

I hate my hose reel it gets right on my chuff I dream all day of a back pack that and easy jobs with no conservatory no garden ornaments no barbeques no gates no porches no sash windows no small paths down the sides of houses etc etc etc

I went down the trolley route a couple of years ago - NO hose reel.

Did keep it in the van for a while, but eventually got fed up moving it about so took it out.

On the old commercial stuff I used to do, I had 2 x 100M reels - which went half way round the building one way, then move the van 10M to be able to meet up going the other way.

Reeling that in was a pain

Latest Posts

Back