Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sky man drilling bolts into custys wall!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Andy cherry

Working on a job this am and the sky man was there with his ladders,anyway he proceeds to get his gear set up ,how many sets of ladders did he have for food sake....bleeding show off!

Anyhow he starts putting bolts into the wall,nothing to do with the dish,anyhow custy comes out and says what

You doing....he replies gotta drill some bolts into your wall so I can secure ladder etc....

Custy says ;well I hope your gonna take them out when finished,........no said sky man won't be able to I'm afraid

Well you can do one then mate......the windy don't need to drill bolts into me wall.....and neither r you

very strange,and a bit of a mess he was making as well......I know we got to be safe but if you had seen all the gear

He had he would of put Chris Bonnington to shame

I have all the same gear sky installers use but they have no option to secure a ladder that way or will loose their job by not following company H&S rules,

They don't have a choice but still what is wrong in working safely as they have to carry stuff up ladders use masonry heavy drill etc. They also have to use a vertical lifeline and harness the same as cavity wall insulation installers to comply with H&S law as these firms don't go buying all the kit just for fun.

Sky are not allowed to even go 1 rung up a ladder without being bolted or they are sacked and have random checks made on them while working

If you use the bolts i have for walls they can be taken out after.

Metal ring on the end and twist to compress the rubber along the length to grip in the hole

I know of a chap that was caught by an H&S inspector on a cavity wall instillation job not wearing his harness and the firm suspended him there and then. A few weeks later he was caught again this time by the regional managed and this time sacked. Well they did warn him so was down to him.

I got thrown off a window cleaning job for a big multi national client once because my mates lanyard on his harness was too short to reach the internal eye bolts, idiot decided to hang out of the window anyway, right infront of the customers national h&s manager. My then boss was not happy.I do find the Sky thing a bit extreme though.

View attachment 3668 thing is they have to go up the ladder unsecured to drill the wall. im really surprised that Sky hasnt gone down the route of a staircase on wheels- thatd be much better

They could use one of these I suppose /emoticons/biggrin.png

I'm betting the local kids would love it too :laugh:

[media]

[/media]

Buy an old fire engine with a turntable ladder on it, Now that would turn heads for sure:D

You can just imagine the kids bouncing on it whilst you were up yer ladder.

What a nightmare that would be unless you charge them 50p a bounce I suppose:D

Woohoo bouncy castle

Buy an old fire engine with a turntable ladder on it, Now that would turn heads for sure:D
Brilliant idea. Buy an old Simon Snorkel and fill it with pure and blast office blocks in seconds /emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back