Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning sills with brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Legend

Do you guys use a sill brush on your wfp,I always have problems cleaning top sills,any advice would be great,thanks guys

I'm a die hard tecbuk fan but switched to Gardiner sill (medium mixed I think) couple of months back cos less messing with sills. Tecbuk way faster on glass, sill way faster on sill obviously so I'm cleaning faster overall now.

My fave brush is the dual trim medium mixed. The way to clean a sill with a non sill brush is to put the brush on the sill and have half the bristles on and half hanging over the edge of the sill and swipe back and forth. Have the water running few a few seconds if needs be while swiping and turn it off/kink hose to finish off.

I contacted Gardiners yesterday to see which brush they recommended for conservatories / gutters / fascias etc and they recommended a flocked sill brush. Has anyone used these?

I contacted Gardiners yesterday to see which brush they recommended for conservatories / gutters / fascias etc and they recommended a flocked sill brush. Has anyone used these?
I use the white sill brush. Reason being is if a black bristle gets caught and gets stuck in a white gutter joint you can see clearly. Do you leave it there or get the ladders off to pull the bristle out? A white bristle stuck in a black gutter isn't as noticeable.

Back