Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Buying work

Chris33

As above.

Have the chance to buy 89 houses at prices I'm happy with, nice and compact new houses too.

Anyways, was looking for advice on any potential pitfals here and how to avoid?

I know the handover needs done right,and would this generally involve door to door of custys with current windy?also, if I draw up a contract here stipulating he doesn't work x y and z streets how best should I go about this?

@Green Pro Clean Ltd have tagged you,as know you've sold work recently. Any help much appreciated lads!

Get introduced to all the custys.

Pay for the round and hope all works out.

You are right I havevsold a few rounds but I am of my word so the buyer need not worry. Cant speak for other sellers though.

All the advice I have time for as time to board my flight. /emoticons/smile.png)

See you next month!

I've bought work in the past, the seller wrote a letter to all customers explaining that he was selling up and that I was taking over, included my contact details.

Took me to meet a few customers to show was genuine round.

Just need to be careful.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

@laurend cheers, I'd be worried just meeting one or two though. Its 2 grand to buy and worth about 750 monthly, 8 to 10 pound houses which is quite top end where I am for 'normal sized new builds'

Waiting on guy calling me back but I've a guy started for me who's dead fast and could bang this out in three shifts I reckon @peter rogers

When I went round with the guy he gave me the customer list and let me pick any at random to meet.

Also insisted on a written agreement that he wouldn't work the area again for 2 years.

You just need to try and cover all the bases.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

I done the same got full list of round and picked out as many as I wanted at random. I also worked the round with him for a few days to make sure he was taking money ect and he introduced me to most of custies. I got a copy of his photo id (many may not want to do this) but I was buying a reasonably large amount of work for a reasonably large amount of money. I got a contract written up saying he can not work within 5 mile radius of any house he sold to me for a minimum of 5 years. Which he was happy with as he was moving miles away and retiring from Windows. You can usually suss the person out and can also tell from

Their willingness to do things such as meet at their house ect if they're genuine or not.

I Think its all come down to trust . Of course there should be some kind of a contract, something about not advertising to the sold costumers for the next 5 yrs. or so , other than that you just gotta go with your guts , do you trust the guy or not.. I've never heard of problems in my area and there's a lot selling and buying over here . A small percentage might drop out , but that to expect , as I'm sure you already know.

Chris, I regularly sell off work to another windie, who to make things confusing is also called Steve.

I clean the said windows then explain to each customer that one of my closest friends are taking over (bit of a lie, although we have become quite matey).

If nobody is in, then I drop a printed note in explaining all.

Been doing this a while now without a single problem /emoticons/smile.png

Chris, I regularly sell off work to another windie, who to make things confusing is also called Steve.

I clean the said windows then explain to each customer that one of my closest friends are taking over (bit of a lie, although we have become quite matey).

If nobody is in, then I drop a printed note in explaining all.

Been doing this a while now without a single problem /emoticons/smile.png

Thanks for the input lads,missed out on this one though. Called him back today and its sold :-(

No wonder at three times the monthly take home!!. Will keep my eyes peeled though, really want to have a much more compact round than what some of its like just now

Back