Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can't work because its raining all the time!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil nowdownunder

HI all,

Weve lived in Australia for about 10 years now, this has to be the wettest and coldest winter I can remember in Melbourne in the 10 years of being here. Garden are like swamps and boggy. Last week I tried using ladders on the outside of a timber country house and the ladders were sinking into the ground!

Most of the little work I had this week has been called off because of the crappy weather and there seems to be no end in sight.

Do you work through heavy rain, do your customers want it doing in bad weather? Most of mine are in when I work and usually text me to call it off.

I was on a high when I got into this trade a couple of months ago, but now struggling because you can't work when its lashing it down. Can't wait for some decent weather. Do you UK guys get much work through the winter?

Im not in uk but denmark and we have think its somthing around 150 rainy day pr year on average, so if i didnt work in rain and bad weather i would have to live on the street lol. You need to let your customers know you have to pay bills when it rains too, if they dont get it well then get some how does.

The only exeption i make is when a serious storm comes by or it rains so heavy that theres no point but wait it out till next day.

It hardly rains in my neck of woods, average rainfall in Colchester is only around 600mm a year!

But for the rest of he UK I guess most window cleaners keep going unless it's very bad, through the winter work doesn't change, just keep going...

Perhaps your rain is a lot worse then the UK!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi jake,

Weather has been cold this winter but not rained for a while

Up in Sydney

But when it doEs **** down you've got to sit it out as the cuties

Do cancel on you,

Drum up more business when not working, have you got a website.

Drop leaflets but I don't like doing a drop when it's raining as they

Tend to hit the bucket

Hope u get out tomorrow

You will be in singlet and shorts with that weather in Coffs Harbour ,

I'm always in shorts all year round even when it gets chilly in winter

Trousers would be annoying uncomfortable, but if I was back in Glasgow

They would be on

Water fed pole with rain guarantee, I just crack on with it unless really bad and can't be arsed.

Hi jake,Weather has been cold this winter but not rained for a while

Up in Sydney

But when it doEs **** down you've got to sit it out as the cuties

Do cancel on you,

Drum up more business when not working, have you got a website.

Drop leaflets but I don't like doing a drop when it's raining as they

Tend to hit the bucket

Hope u get out tomorrow
You talking to me? Or the OP?

if you live anywhere else but the uk you cant moan as at least you dont live in the uk.

disregarding muslim countries of course

heard beiruts not that nice either

just crack on as best I can! Maybe not so much on the windows in heavier rain but I normally find something to do!

I had a custy who once said "if it looks like it might rain can you leave it" So I did, permanently /emoticons/biggrin.png

Winter's not a prob, less rain more cold so wrap up and keep moving.

light rain is ok but dont work once the rain starts running down window as i am trad

and dont like working in heavy rain

loadsa work at home but it never really rains these days here...

poor australians with all the snow and rain..

best weather here at the mo not so keen on sun .

always some work to keep cheapie going../emoticons/biggrin.png

Well I'd rather work in the pouring rain than in that kind of Australian heat. Even 20 degree C direct sunlight days here in the UK are a nightmare for me.

Obviously I dislike working in the rain, because it is uncomfortable. Prefer about 10 degrees C and cloudy skies. But part of the reason it annoyed me in wet weather was using scrims etc. Well that's not a problem with a dog ear squeegee these days

Back