Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Driveway Clean + Sealing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

when you buy say resiblock at 200 odd squid per 25ltr and takes 76ltr to do approx 105 m2 with two coats now you can see why I don't offer to seal driveways :Image13:

You do the maths and thats not including labour cost etc :Image16:

when you buy say resiblock at 200 odd squid per 25ltr and takes 76ltr to do approx 105 m2 with two coats now you can see why I don't offer to seal driveways :Image13:

You do the maths and thats not including labour cost etc :Image16:
exactly why i dont do it either, the cheaper ones arnt worth bothering with well the ones ive come across arnt

Indeed jimbob as seems more hassle than it's worth especialy in our british cliamate as can imagine it's a nightmare to schedule in to be done..

I find it bad enough when ppl ask to have their block paving re-sanded after cleaning as blocks and subase needs to be dry before you arrange to do the re-sanding on a dry day.

il do the resanding but just tell them that it needs a few days to dry out then i pop back one afternoon when ive finished but ive been lucky really as i only do the odd one here n there and all been driveways so no need to get access

I've wised up now so split the cost and get paid in two parts as then get paid for cleaning on the day so if I can't get back for a week or so due to bad weather I'm not owed loads of dosh. :Image9:

theres a company called savingpaving i accidently come across offering a clean+ resand + sealant @ £6 they are based in London and serving the south east.

surelly thats too cheap. unless its to get people to contact them, hook line and sinker.

have a look online

I don't offer sealing.

Cost of materials puts me and customers off. Cheap sealants can become a problem with flaking and fading quite soon and you could get complaints/call backs. Also I've spoke to some suppliers and some sealants can become lethal if its covered in snow or ice.

I did price my jobs on per m2 in the past, now I don't need ( can't be bothered ) to measure, I try and price on time and problems...outside tap, drainage ( my biggest headache ) access, chemicals needed etc.

I go for about £10 a sq meter for a clean re-sand and then a proper block sealer from smart seal. There is a cheaper sand hardener sealer that can be used from them to that's still a good sealer but doesn't last anywhere near as long. Check out the smart seal website and see the prices then you can work out what prices you think you should be charging to make it worthwhile

ive told her its her choice how much she wants to pay, ive told her the difference in price of sealers, smart seal. @ £100+ resiblock @ £200+ for a 25litre drum. this will reflect in price. + this time of year, damp light ice. she hasnt got back. they dont realise the extra costs of a good sealer, and lifespan on driveway. trying to concentrate on building my window cleaning round.

Back