Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

what detergent?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mark2788

Just wondering what detergent everyone uses? I'm coming to an end of my usual one and looking to try something different and more cost effective

well i always use fairy liquid but in reality it could be any washing up liquid....if i get to fill the bucket i automatically use the custys from under the sink....however....

beware as some put some cr..appy ..hand wash and that not good...../emoticons/smile.png

E cover is good mate /emoticons/smile.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E cover is good mate /emoticons/smile.png

yeh from another post i want to try it ...its on my shopping list...along with a porcupine applicator...a microlight standoff (to keep mr smurf happy) and many more...i always like new stuff....another reward in the job....i had a big job on tuesday and my blade was leaving the tiniest of almost impossible to see occasional marks but it got changed and it felt great..../emoticons/smile.png

Luv new equipment mate I would luv it if Alex from gardiner have me a 60ft high mod pole for free lol /emoticons/smile.png

I should of mentioned the porcupine applicator... Great quality and it seems to last a long time before wear and tear kicks in!!!

Fairy Origional for me. Would be interesting to try others but as someone said in another thread if it aint broke don't try to fix it. Years ago I did try Squeegee off but wasnt impressed, I tend to think these more expensive detergents aimed at window cleaners are just that detergent like all the rest only more expensive.

Miracle detergent. Never use anything else. Covers any mistakes and cleans sills too. Only 9.99. Five litres lasts a long time

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

not that i am the suspicious type but are you sure your a windy.....never heard of that but the name does sound good anyway welcome lottie123 unless of course your just trying to sell us all your product:eek: so here is a test ....what is unbleached irish linen better known as...only good if your trad...okay where does pure water come from...he he he from the tap of course:devil:

I have seen some expensive ones but seen an unger 5ltr for £13 so might try that one, have seen lots of people use ecover or just normal washing up liquid, never been sure about it? Maybe just think as we're professionals we shouldn't haha

ECover, Fairy whatever I'd say... £1 or 2 a bottle... It all serves it's purpose!. People tend to use ECover as it is not petroleum based. With fairy you sometimes get a Rainbow type Gleam on the glass and a slight sticky film if you use too much soap. Ecover has a natural feel to it, smells pleasant and the squeegee tends to slide slightly better with it... and it is made with more natural products etc. The key really is not the type of soap, it's how much of it you mix with ya water. After four years of Window Cleaning I still make it to soapy or not soapy enough lol.

I just dip my wetter in the road puddles when the clients not looking. One time a guy got busted dunking his bucket in the swim pool and the building made them re clean the whole building hehe

ECover, Fairy whatever I'd say... £1 or 2 a bottle... It all serves it's purpose!. People tend to use ECover as it is not petroleum based. With fairy you sometimes get a Rainbow type Gleam on the glass and a slight sticky film if you use too much soap. Ecover has a natural feel to it, smells pleasant and the squeegee tends to slide slightly better with it... and it is made with more natural products etc. The key really is not the type of soap, it's how much of it you mix with ya water. After four years of Window Cleaning I still make it to soapy or not soapy enough lol.
after all my life cleaning windows i still make a mess sometimes......main one is having put the soap in my applicator the night before i of course forget, and of course my first action in the morning is to add some more soap......too much soap not so good....:gush:

I just dip my wetter in the road puddles when the clients not looking. One time a guy got busted dunking his bucket in the swim pool and the building made them re clean the whole building hehe
a lot of windys will slate you for that confession so i will have to say ....if needs must ....yep me often used the rain pipe water barrels when no tap is available....or indeed ...sometimes to get the job done a puddle is a useful tool but don't tell anyone.:devil:.. that be why we use this forum so we can say things custys may not like to hear :eek:

Tend to agree fairy can give you a rainbow film but usually ivaporates if theres not too much soap. Also when it is hot fairy dries out very quickly. How much is ecover and where do you get it?

Tend to agree fairy can give you a rainbow film but usually ivaporates if theres not too much soap. Also when it is hot fairy dries out very quickly. How much is ecover and where do you get it?
yes i asked er indoors to get it me when she next goes shopping and she sits there and looks me in the eyes and said its on offer in waitrose at the mo....so why the bloomin heck didnt you buy it for me.....she said i thought you had forgotten about that....grrrrr .....and no i dont do shopping...:rofl:

tesco and sainsbury sell ecover couple of pound

Back