Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

what detergent?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I should of mentioned the porcupine applicator... Great quality and it seems to last a long time before wear and tear kicks in!!!
yeah had a manky back door window this morning porky pine got her clean

I remember when all that ash came from where ever it was due to the volcano erruption, windows were horific!!

Yh that's why I don't like using fairy, might give the unger a go and see how it goes
Don't waste your money. It's like using just water and your blade doesn't glide with it. It can also leave terrible smears! I've got 5 litres in the garage that's been there ages. I should throw it out really. I resorted to using it as screen wash in the car to use it up and it made the windscreen smear really bad. Use Ecover.

i use ecover very good stuff ive tryed loads an find it the best i used to use flash with it but gone bk to just plain ecover also used white vinager to here is a list ive tryed

gg3

gg4

w5

fairy

morning fresh

ecover with ubik2000

ecover with flash

ecover with white vinigar

persanall

asda home brand

tesco home brand

defo ecover for me add flash if ur doing a inside smokers house strips the windows clean after one soap up /emoticons/wink.png/emoticons/smile.png

tesco and sainsbury sell ecover couple of pound
Ok so theres me in Tesco with the missus getting some shopping. On stopping by the detergents isle I set about looking for ecover now bare in mind I have never heard of this before. So my eyes are scanning then there it is the highly spoken off ecover, but it said loo cleaner so you can imagine Im standing there scratching my head thinking surely not!! after standing for a few miniutes thinking will I wont I, I keep on going down the isle and spotted ecover washing up liquid phew. The scenarios were runnig in my head of me standing there cleaning windows with loo cleaner were comical.

yes i asked er indoors to get it me when she next goes shopping and she sits there and looks me in the eyes and said its on offer in waitrose at the mo....so why the bloomin heck didnt you buy it for me.....she said i thought you had forgotten about that....grrrrr .....and no i dont do shopping...:rofl:
So mrs cnc shops at waitrose.....those smurf prices you keep quoting must be paying dividends.

Seye... Don't worry mate all us men go kind of mad in Supermarkets lol... If I ever go with the Mrs. I tend to walk down every Isle asap... The place does my head in!... I'm only happy with my E-Cover and a packet of Pork Scratching lol

I am a recent convert to ecover. It does seem to give a good glide, although you do have to use more than fairy. Still trying to make my mind up as to whether the water dries quicker on the windows with ecover.

i use ecover very good stuff ive tryed loads an find it the best i used to use flash with it but gone bk to just plain ecover also used white vinager to here is a list ive tryedgg3

gg4

w5

fairy

morning fresh

ecover with ubik2000

ecover with flash

ecover with white vinigar

persanall

asda home brand

tesco home brand

defo ecover for me add flash if ur doing a inside smokers house strips the windows clean after one soap up /emoticons/wink.png/emoticons/smile.png
thats a good time and money saver @tench0771

straight to the ecover

I personally prefer to use either Ecover + GG3 or Ecover + ungers detergent. Never had issues with smears, and seems to leave a really nice shine on the windows.

.I found when using Ecover and Vinegar, that I was putting on a lot of weight o_O........

The smell made me soooo hungry I was heading for the chippy everyday for a large bag of chips /emoticons/biggrin.png :rofl:

Back