Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Inside Conny Roof

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Keir999

Ive been asked to clean the inside of a glass lean to roof. Bout 6 large panels. New customer, so i wanna keep em happy. What's the best / easiest way please ? I don't fancy standing on an 'A' frame ladder as its pretty steep. Maybe a sleeve on a harris pole with ubik, then wrap a scrim around a dry sleeve to buff. Any ideas appreciated ...

Personally I tend to avoid inside conservatory roof cleans especially glass roofs as quite frankly can be a real pain in the **** to do.

First off you want to arrange to do it on an overcast day not on a hot one as will be harder to do in the sweltering heat. Also make sure they clear out the conservatory of furniture etc beforehand so you have a clear area to work in. Depending what flooring is down you may need to protect that as well.

Regarding the actual cleaning side of things you should clarify if it's just the glass panels in the roof that they just want you to clean or all the frames as well including the side frames, doors, glass etc as obviously will have an effect on how much you should charge and how long it will take you to do.

There are various methods you can use depending what they want doing. I tend to use A frame ladder to clean all the frames first on the roof & sides by hand using a soap solution like flash concentrated gel mix using rag method. Bug poop etc needs extra time spent getting it all off. I also use a vac to clear out dead bugs/spiders and cobwebs from the ledges and trims and dirt out of the openers before cleaning.

I've also been known to use a steam cleaner on the frames and openers if very bad as helps soften up the crud. Likewise on the glass too then might blade the excess pure water/steam off the glass and/or just buff up with microfiber cloths.

You could use trad pole method for the glass if you wanted using a 0 degree squeegee or wagtail but you may find some roof panels are quite tricky to do. I've found the porcupine washer sleeve quite good as seems to have more scrubbing power than a normal washer sleeve when trying to clean the inside of the glass roofs. Also sometimes you can get away with using an internal cleaning kit like unger, brodex, dragonfly etc or diy your own.

I've done two recently I just get them to clear all the furniture away then use a step ladder and trad the lot after I've bladed the soap off I have a cloth in hand at one side of squeegee to catch alot of water as its filthy.just make it worth your whil it's not straight forward

I'll try some of the methods mentioned and a bit of my own improvisation lol. I'm gonna do it sometime this week and i will post the results. I defo am not looking forward to it mind ... grrr !

Kier do you know anyone around the bishops stortford area who's looking for any work i need help for a few days a week?

Keir it helps if you have a pole and a 0° squeegee

Do it from the ground then and wrap cloth round pole to detail

Old towels on the floor below where you are working

Just carefull on the panels nearest the wall each side as dirty water will stain painted walls

Yeah but lots of terraced ones with no acces apart from through house which is the main reason i developed my trad pole skills and ordered a wagtail

Once first cleans are done it is easy to walk through house with harris pole and bottle of solution on my belt

When you get to pin green there are some roads that go round in big loops where access is to the back of houses

Have to do all backs then drive to the end of the road to get to the fronts and then do all fronts

Can finish a house 2 hrs after doing the back by the time you get back round

Latest Posts

Back