Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I Bought a House in The Country.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

We sold our house today and bought another out in the sticks. It means me having a 40 mile trip to work every day. A newer van will be required with a bigger engine and an RO set up as it's in a hard water area. Would you try and build a new round with the local yokels and dump/sell some of your existing work or just keep commuting?

Going home every night is going to be soooo worth it though :)

Here's the view from my new back garden.

View attachment 6811

Id gradually try and get the work on the doorstep. Or could you rent a garage and use friends/family tap in the old area and commute by motorbike?

quality view, i take it your from the city then? try for local work, single houses in rural spots can pay very well, is that a 40 mile round trip or 80 thats about my weekly milage & i'm countrified

Agree with above. The new house lark is exiting, but that 40 mile journey will eventually pi$s you off
That's the down side /emoticons/sad.png, but there is a reason for the move as I will be nearer my daughter who lives in a special needs residential home that's 5 miles from the new house.

quality view, i take it your from the city then? try for local work, single houses in rural spots can pay very well, is that a 40 mile round trip or 80 thats about my weekly milage & i'm countrified
It will be an 80 mile round trip, 60 miles of it will be motorway. Just hope the traffic won't be too bad. I think I will be leaving for work at 7:30 every morning.

I think mines bad at 25 mile trip, that's about 40 odd minutes of driving. I'm used to it so I know no different , don't no what I would do with the extra spare time if I didn't have it lol

I used to travel 35 miles each day dint mind it tbh - chill out time

But I used to have a sneaky fosters while going down M1 !!

We are currently looking to buy our first home and are actually looking to stay in the village we are in but the thought has crossed us to move more into civilisation. It's really doing my head in as where we our is all we know. Both my parents moved here 25 years ago and I'm actually thinking of moving to where they moved from. Really don't no what to do!!! Any of my mates that have moved from here haven't had any regrets like

you might find you enjoy the drive, depends if stuck on a motorway in rush hour its no fun will make you feel like you have a real job.

That's the down side /emoticons/sad.png, but there is a reason for the move as I will be nearer my daughter who lives in a special needs residential home that's 5 miles from the new house.
That's the only reason you need mate, complete respect

We had a drive out there today. I bought some locally brewed bottles of beer from the little shop. The lottery funded the build of the shop and it's run by volunteers from the village, next to the shop is a pub with a pool table /emoticons/smile.png. Both are 200 yards from my new house. Oh and there was a horse, a bloody horse parked up next to the shop. We parked up and got out the car and all you could hear were birds chirping and Buzzards soaring overhead.

Right, apologies if I pi•$s people off here, but it really gets my goat how folk who live in the country assume that townies want to live there lifestyle.

Generally, not me Ina million years. I love urban life. Each to their own etc

That's a fantastic view . Were in the country is it . We visit the Yorkshire dales a lot , we both love it . I keep trying to get the wife to up sticks and move there . But I know it's not practical at the moment with my work and kids . But in a few years we might get a bit closer .

Right, apologies if I pi•$s people off here, but it really gets my goat how folk who live in the country assume that townies want to live there lifestyle.Generally, not me Ina million years. I love urban life. Each to their own etc
nobody assumes all city boys want to live in the country, we just assume the ones that keep moving to the country do oh and then they cry about cockrels & muck spreading & cows/sheep in the road & church bells.. instead of traffic jams & immigrants

I couldn't live in a town, it's bad enough here in a village. Much prefer having no neighbours. Each to their own. Last place I lived was an hour round trip for a pint of milk!

Loads of places in the sticks are dead now because they're second homes for middle class townsters.

What's the pub like? Slaughtered Lamb?

Stick to the road........

nobody assumes all city boys want to live in the country, we just assume the ones that keep moving to the country do oh and then they cry about cockrels & muck spreading & cows/sheep in the road & church bells.. instead of traffic jams & immigrants
Then they are idiots Simon. My dad moved from Peckham to st. Agnes in Cornwall to try the country life and absolutely hated it.

The point in making is some country folk swagger about boasting how they live in the country and how its soooo much better than city life. Well good for them. But I love being next to the train station where I can be in central London in twenty minutes, I love it that I have five pubs in walking distance, I love it that I can get to the shops without using transport. Just saying not all city people want to live in the country.

Then they are idiots Simon. My dad moved from Peckham to st. Agnes in Cornwall to try the country life and absolutely hated it.The point in making is some country folk swagger about boasting how they live in the country and how its soooo much better than city life. Well good for them. But I love being next to the train station where I can be in central London in twenty minutes, I love it that I have five pubs in walking distance, I love it that I can get to the shops without using transport. Just saying not all city people want to live in the country.
i agree both have their benefits, i loved living in london but it was only 3 years & i was on the **** most of the time - even at work in those days lol - but i couldn't settle there or even in a small city, well unless i was earning a enormous wage and was chauffer driven to work

Back