Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DIY hot water system not firing up?

Hi guys,

I'm in the process of fitting our van out with a basic hot water system.

I got a fastar heater (Bathroom Kitchen Outdoor 12KW 6L LPG Propane Gas Instant Hot Water Heater Boiler | eBay) and have it all connected.

BUT...

I can't get the damn thing to fire!

When water flows I can hear the ignition but it doesn't fire up.

Oddly I did once... but I can't workout what was different with the setup.

What do you guys think?

Is it a fussy heater, and I need to get the controls just right?

ANY help would go a long way, cheers.

Jase.

Hi guys,I'm in the process of fitting our van out with a basic hot water system.

I got a fastar heater (Bathroom Kitchen Outdoor 12KW 6L LPG Propane Gas Instant Hot Water Heater Boiler | eBay) and have it all connected.

BUT...

I can't get the damn thing to fire!

When water flows I can hear the ignition but it doesn't fire up.

Oddly I did once... but I can't workout what was different with the setup.

What do you guys think?

Is it a fussy heater, and I need to get the controls just right?

ANY help would go a long way, cheers.

Jase.
hi jason,a couple of questions first if i may,

what size hose is on your reel

do you have a gas regulator fitted and is the gas turned on when you try to fire it up

new duracell batteries help

the boiler is sensing water flow as its trying to ignite but it seems that its not getting any gas,this could be just simply the dial settings

try the summer setting,water and heat settings halfway and then adjust the dials till you get a flame

hi jason,a couple of questions first if i may,what size hose is on your reel

do you have a gas regulator fitted and is the gas turned on when you try to fire it up

new duracell batteries help

the boiler is sensing water flow as its trying to ignite but it seems that its not getting any gas,this could be just simply the dial settings

try the summer setting,water and heat settings halfway and then adjust the dials till you get a flame
Hi!

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Okay... the good news... it's working!!!

Oddly I still don't know why it wasnt working.

Soooo... I took the gas hose off, and very carefully opened the gas bottle up so I could ensure there were no blockages in the hose.

Then re-added the hose but not as tight (good seal still).

And bingo, it worked!

The seller has offered to send a replacement, I might take them up on the offer as I have no idea if it's going to stop working again (gulp).

But one thing is very clear HOT WATER rocks!

I can't get over how much a better clean you get.

Cheers

Jase.

Hi!Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Okay... the good news... it's working!!!

Oddly I still don't know why it wasnt working.

Soooo... I took the gas hose off, and very carefully opened the gas bottle up so I could ensure there were no blockages in the hose.

Then re-added the hose but not as tight (good seal still).

And bingo, it worked!

The seller has offered to send a replacement, I might take them up on the offer as I have no idea if it's going to stop working again (gulp).

But one thing is very clear HOT WATER rocks!

I can't get over how much a better clean you get.

Cheers

Jase.
glad you sorted it jase,they are great when they work

When my flow is under 4 (1-9) it wont fire up.
the boiler is seeing that it is not getting enough flow for the flow switch to operate-8litre model by anychance?

when i had a couple of these we used to insert a tap washer into the outlet connection to create a bit more back flow

nat jones once put me on to the low flow switches sold by rs components that did do the trick and the boiler would kick in at around one on a williams controller like yours

the boiler is seeing that it is not getting enough flow for the flow switch to operate-8litre model by anychance?when i had a couple of these we used to insert a tap washer into the outlet connection to create a bit more back flow

nat jones once put me on to the low flow switches sold by rs components that did do the trick and the boiler would kick in at around one on a williams controller like yours
Okay good to know ! But i Really dont mind, as 3 is way to little for me , 4-5 is my favorite setting. If i go pencil i like 4 and fans i like 5 ( Got both on my brush)

i have a hot water system, sometimes air gets in the gas and takes ages to fine up,

Ok if it happens again,thing to do is when u turn on water on ur hear ignition and then a loud click that's the game valve then turn gas on,on the bottle job done

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Back