Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Discounts or that's the price?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Max

Having been in retail sales for years i'm well used to inflated original prices to then discount down to get the magical 50% off deal, double discount extra and all the rest of the sales pricing tactics, but does anyone use these type of incentives when quoting for new business?. For example if you were quoting to a prospective new customer and it was a £12 job would you go in at £15 and then offer a discounted price of £12 if they signed up to Gocardless or would the majority go with just saying £12 in the first place. I've done some flyers and was thinking about offering different discounts to see what might work, and I would be interested to know what people have tried or if they disagreed with this type of promotion.

Having been in retail sales for years i'm well used to inflated original prices to then discount down to get the magical 50% off deal, double discount extra and all the rest of the sales pricing tactics, but does anyone use these type of incentives when quoting for new business?. For example if you were quoting to a prospective new customer and it was a £12 job would you go in at £15 and then offer a discounted price of £12 if they signed up to Gocardless or would the majority go with just saying £12 in the first place. I've done some flyers and was thinking about offering different discounts to see what might work, and I would be interested to know what people have tried or if they disagreed with this type of promotion.
Its all a bit naff IMO, just give a price you are happy with, and stick to it. Although what you said about gocardless is a good idea, as you are knocking money off for simplifying things, which is only fair. Knocking three quid off and going down to 12seems a bit much for that though, as it might make your original quote look inflated. I personally wouldnt tie myself in with any ofmy literature, best to keep things flexible IMO.

I go down the "value added" route before price discounting. Always better to sell an add on at a "discount" as a carrot to get them to sign up to regular cleans. for example I have got a couple of my regulars to have their conservatory roofs done every 3rd clean for a special rate, of course that special rate is still at a £ per Hr level I'm happy working at, and since I already have all the kit there to their windows anyway its no extra hassle for me, but the custy feels they re getting a good deal. so a win win scenario.

I guess i started to do similar but its based on weekly pricing and not discounts as such.

Windows will be £20 every 8 weeks or the premium service will be £18 every 4 weeks.

They jump at the 8 weekly price but in fact i would have been happy at £15 - £20 regardless of frequency

I go down the "value added" route before price discounting. Always better to sell an add on at a "discount" as a carrot to get them to sign up to regular cleans. for example I have got a couple of my regulars to have their conservatory roofs done every 3rd clean for a special rate, of course that special rate is still at a £ per Hr level I'm happy working at, and since I already have all the kit there to their windows anyway its no extra hassle for me, but the custy feels they re getting a good deal. so a win win scenario.
I tried that and the joke went down like a lead balloon.

" AND i said (in an enthusiastic voice) we WONT pee in your garden. I thought it was really funny as some banter was going on. ...............@.............................. tumble weed moment lol.

Yep I've had a few tumbleweed moments when I thought it appropriate to crack a funny with a Custy, now I just play the straight man with them.

just tell them to bacs it to u lol any idiot can walk into a bank and pay a amount into a account if u give them details aint rocket science

by end of year im not collecting anmore and any new ones from sept 2015 is all online payers

Latest Posts

Back