Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Did I Do Anything Wrong Here?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

dasslr1

94 to go
Hi all ,I had no houses to do today so i decided to clean my own windows.I was testing out some microcloths i bought recently because i heard there better then scrim.When suddenly next door asked how much i charged ,i quoted her £7.80 and that i always keep the frames clean to.Then she says shes got a window cleaner who come every month and he charges £8 but she ll "sack him off" and i can do them.{oops}

now i feel like iv cheated some poor window cleaner out of a house ,she also said she ll get a few more around my area.in my defence i think she just wants to get rid of the other cleaner.

any thoughts?

Your neighbour came to you and asked for a quote for her windows you were cheaper by 20p lol so you got the job .How have you done anything wrong ?

I agree with mark for 20p he can't be brilliant.
lol i know .i dont like under pricing people even if its 20p lol.but thinking about it she mustnt have been happy otherwise she wont of asked. it prob just me over thinking things .ty

lol i know .i dont like under pricing people even if its 20p lol.but thinking about it she mustnt have been happy otherwise she wont of asked. it prob just me over thinking things .ty
spot on

They obviously weren't happy with the cleaner to ask you to do them. It's great picking up neighbours, I love watching the cleaners do it badly in my street and then wait to see them and it's always, "how much would you charge for mine?" won't be long I will have a good days work in my street and not have to move my van.

wee bit different in my area lol, if I were to clean in the area I stay in I would be in a bit of bother , if you want get into window cleaning in Kilmarnock / east ayrshire you better buy a round & a window cleaners licence too .

First of all you quoted without knowing she had a window cleaner so you done owt wrong.

Also how do you come up with £7.80p lol

Hi all ,I had no houses to do today so i decided to clean my own windows.I was testing out some microcloths i bought recently because i heard there better then scrim.When suddenly next door asked how much i charged ,i quoted her £7.80 and that i always keep the frames clean to.Then she says shes got a window cleaner who come every month and he charges £8 but she ll "sack him off" and i can do them.{oops}now i feel like iv cheated some poor window cleaner out of a house ,she also said she ll get a few more around my area.in my defence i think she just wants to get rid of the other cleaner.

any thoughts?
Like others said she approached you mate and your cheaper

It's nothing to do with money, £7.80 or 8 quid....that's the same price. She had him because he's a neighbour and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that and any window cleaner with a brain would understand it. I've just recently picked up a new job simply because it's my father-in-law and I told him to be honest with his previous window cleaner as he would rather know it's because I'm family rather than passing his old house and wondering why there;s a new windy there. So he phoned him and explained he wants to keep it in the family as such, and the other windy said he understands and said thanks.

That's the only thing I would have done dassir, asked her to be honest with her old windy, you're a neighbour and it makes sense.

Mart.

£7.80 hahaha:)
lol i know she had a few little windows i only charged 60p .60p times 3 £1.80..but alot of window cleaner told me to round up when pricing ,its easer and u dont av to mess about with change.

but i always forget lol .looking at it now it looks silly ,£8 LOOKS BETTER.LOL

Back