Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Who is taking the day off???

WCF

Help Support WCF:

shazzy692002

High winds and rain......Looks like a accounts day for me, not done them this year yet, Normally takes ame a hour haha,

Anyone working?.

I'm giving it another half hour to decide today, but its unlikely. I don't fancy balancing on a ladder in this weather. I've gotten really behind this month so I'm a bit gutted losing a day.

Sunny here in Glasgow which is surprising going to attempt to get something done but it might be a waisted journey forecast not looking good, I'm the same as you if I am rained off I get accounts up to date makes you feel if you are doing at least something work related makes you feel less guilty about being in the house.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

I was due out to my first job at 10am. Woman just emailed saying due to the weather she wants to leave the windows? Never understand the mentality, but then i guess i would'nt! It's ok here in sw london. Will go out bout 12 for the afternoon, weather looks fine. Going to the gym instead! Also can anyone help, I price a job, first clean and keep the price the same as a regular clean as she wants to be regular /emoticons/unsure.png soon as I finish she says ok to go 3 monthly?! I was secretly seething as it had all the awkwards, skylights, 3 storey windows, one above a pitched roof! Do most people just get rid? I charged £25. I am in Wimbledon

tried it about 8.30 ....and a definite no ............holding onto ladders all day whilst trying to clean is not good idea.try again tomorrow at least

I know I will be in one piece!! if you are working in it take care

I was due out to my first job at 10am. Woman just emailed saying due to the weather she wants to leave the windows? Never understand the mentality, but then i guess i would'nt! It's ok here in sw london. Will go out bout 12 for the afternoon, weather looks fine. Going to the gym instead! Also can anyone help, I price a job, first clean and keep the price the same as a regular clean as she wants to be regular /emoticons/unsure.png soon as I finish she says ok to go 3 monthly?! I was secretly seething as it had all the awkwards, skylights, 3 storey windows, one above a pitched roof! Do most people just get rid? I charged £25. I am in Wimbledon
I know your exact feeling. I would personally just put the price up to £30 or £35 on her.Les regular = more work each time, hence the price goes up. But most importantly, learn from it and always charge double on the first.

OMG the sun has just come out here, I then get itchy feet, but I know as soon as I pull van out of garage and get down the road it will rain.......but if I stay in my nice warm house the sun will stay out and I could have worked!!! why does this happen. lol.

I drive my wife up the wall pacing floor and looking out the window all day know the feeling :-(

Ha! I assume you are english shazzy?! welcome to it's wonderful weather. I had a bouncy castle business years ago, and used to pray to keep the rain away! Don't worry so much now. Thanks tolish, yes sadly I got some work canvassed and despite me telling him first cleans are double, that was my 5th straight job underpriced, Very annoying! Will put it the price up for sure, did a great job too! She then said well yeah cos it's going to rain a lot from now on???????!!!! Yer I know that, thanks sherlock. Thankfully I am wfp so fairly quick.

I can put up with rain showers but high gusting winds like this morning is defo a no no for me as I've had too many close calls in the past.

I had a bit of foresight for a change and booked in bungalows all day and a bungalow gutter job. Been sat in the car for 90 mins. Its been sunny/rainy/sunny/rainy.....likely to be like that all day so back home now to catch up on my mileage. I always forget to record it so have to backtrack using google maps. I think todays going to be a write off, even for bungalows as an heavy shower will never be more than 5 minutes away. I might even call the gutter job off.....even though its a bungalow, its quite high in parts, so is it really worth the risk. Us windys always end up feeling guilty when we call it a day. Once I make that decision I want it to pee it down all day......I get justification then.

I can put up with rain showers but high gusting winds like this morning is defo a no no for me as I've had too many close calls in the past.
Too right smurf.....think the winds are going to get up to 28mph by this afternoon around here. Almost too dangerous to be outside.

You guys did the right thing as soon as I unscrewed the ladders wind went to gales and rain started I tried :-(

I can see stuff flying about here too but no window cleaners as of yet but I'm betting some will be trying to work /emoticons/biggrin.png

Oops!

[media]

[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back