New to the industry

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by BKwindows, Nov 14, 2011.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. BKwindows

BKwindows Guest

Hi 19 year old male here,sick of the EX-boss telling me what to do so told him to stick it :) so i have decided to start up a window cleaning round,based in Leeds,W.Yorks,any tips on getting more business etc would be very grateful
  2. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

Just get out there and get in front of the customers. Door to door knocking can be soul destroying at times, but it's the only sure-fire way of getting new customers. Try something like "Hello, I am ........... I am currently cleaning windows in your area and I was wondering whether I could quote to do yours?" You will get all sorts of responses but you will find, that one in 30 will probably take you up on it.

Also, it's worth creating a FB account and group and putting on some examples of your work and then posting around to your mates........and your mates mates too. Also, if you have a Facebay group in your area, try posting on this too.

It is a long hard slog and you will find the first few months hard, but stick at it and it will all come good in the end. The customers are more interested in reliability than price these days.

Good luck
  3. kars

kars Guest

hiya, u will prob find that it all depends on ur area as to how to canvas. there is loads of advice on here but the best advice i recon it to try and keep it to a core alnd expand from there. saves on travel. dont underprice others or urself but offer a quality service above the rest . cant comment on advertising as i havnt had to yet due to taking over an already established roun..d as a complete novice!! lol... Oh yeah .. and be friendly with a big smile :)
  4. BKwindows

BKwindows Guest

Thanks guys!! I have experience 'cos i did it all way through school on holidays and decided im gunna make a go of it! basically i have purchased 500 business cards,a printed t.shirt,created a facebook account,posted on gumtree so lets hope things progress! ive borrowed a bit of equipment to get me started but once its time to buy my own does anybody have any websites they would recommend buying from? thanks,,Kris
  5. stansmith7

stansmith7 Guest