Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Budget second hand WFP Install

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Well here is what I have been working on the past couple of days in the van.

I know some (Mr Smurf) are not a fan of Brodex and I have to say their poles do not impress at all however the rest of the gear seams fine and the support I have had when calling asking for information has been perfectly fine.

So with that in mind I set out with a budget to kit out a WFP (and trad of course) van for my lad. As the van was sorted I had a budget of £1500 left to get system and poles, biggest MUST was whatever I bought secondhand I had to have enough cash left over to get new filters and resin for it. This is what I came up with.

The green box in the picture stores dry scrims and rags and spare applicator sleeves, the black box is for UPVC cleaners etc.

The cool box is to hold soapy water for Trad.

A friend that has a breakers yard fitted the tank by bolting it to 4 points on the chassis - it's going no where!

The pole rack is just hooks from B&Q at £2.38ea Total spend so far (including new filters and resins) £1320

Left to do - Split charge relay and external van ports being done Tuesday by more experienced guys than me.

Hope this shows that by shopping around you can put together a pretty reasonable set up for not much money. As time goes along the RO wil get changed to a 40 and the poles will be upgraded massively, but I think it's not bad for starters.

Agree it's a very clever idea but a no go for many as means extra hole in the side of the van and having poles hanging on the outside of the van.

Nice and tidy setup, what make of van? Wish you could be my daddy:eek:, just for the van tho:rolleyes: Never seen those triggers on end of pole, is that soap dispenser thingys?

That's in a Renault Trafic SWB Window surfer, I will finish vinyl lining and insulating the sides later this week. The triggers I believe are just pressure washer handles (originally installed by Brodex) no soap dispensers on them, that would defeat the object of WFP. /emoticons/tongue.png

And the only one that calls me daddy is my 20 year old daughter! :mad:

No Pete, just give it about 3 weeks and I'll show you whats happening to the reels, No Spoilers but your gonna like it!
Hanging from the roof I guess. Hard work reeling in with your arm up in the air. Screw it down to the floor by the back door and have the hose reeling out from the bottom of the reel rather than the top.

Back