New to window cleaning.....

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Monkey, May 7, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Monkey

Monkey Newcomer

Oct 3, 2014
    Guys - I just want to kick off this thread by saying thankyou - in advance of any support and advice offered - but also for the many years of helpful posts that I have had the benefit of being able to read!

Believe it or not I have followed this forum for ages (from the safety of the sidelines), enjoying reading the banter and business advice, which has often been selflessly provided by many of you.

I have witnessed many newbies come and go, and some like Diwrnach (back when he started posting) progress himself toward to what appears to be a very healthy business for him.

Regardless of all the back info available at my finger tips on all the threads..... even after all this time of reading.... I still find myself confused regarding WFP setups - what with all the choice available for different bits of equipment.

I am now facing an imminent change in my working circumstances - and as such am on the brink of finally flinging myself into the humble trade of window cleaning.

With the comments of Cheap N Chearful ringing in my mind " Window Cleaning is like Monopoly".... I feel excited about the prospect of finally talking charge of my life, and building a business that I can rely on.

Ive got tons of questions I would like to ask....

But to wrap this (lengthy!) introduction post up - my first question is this:

If you could have your time over, and with 7.5k at you disposal.... exactly what would you be buying (WFP wise) to get you started??

I want to allocated my money as best I can - and am open minded about everything.

What pole and why?
    What size tank and why?
    Should I be offering Connies and FSG's from the outset??
    Conny ladders?

Im giving myself 6 months to replace an 18k per annum income..... is this realistic??

Cheers in advance fella's!
  2. macca

macca Member

May 3, 2013