Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Back To Trad

Posh

A mate of mine had 17 customers he did not want anymore as suffers from tennis elbow so holding his pole for lengths of time put him in pain. He does a lot more commercial cleaning (not windows) & floor & carpet cleaning. Anyway took these customers off him which included 2 pubs which I did wfp. The rest of them I did today & was amazed how over half of them were so glad that I was ladder & squeegee. My mate has been wfp for 6 years & does a good job as I've seen myself but it shows there are a lot of people out there that still prefer trad. I did think it was going the other way. Happy days.

Just switched to WFP and I know where your coming from... Theres still plenty people out there that want thee windows left dry. In my case all the old people lol.

Nice picking up 17 customers too!

The 17 customers was great especially the pubs & all nice people which was nice. Yeah he suffers pretty bad from it. Thing is he went from trad coz his knee is knackard & can't climb ladders. He's falling apart. Painful that tennis elbow.

thats y i do wfp an trad some people hate it an some love it best of boath worlds i say if thay dont dry perfecket then i trad them simple un less its 3rd story or to doggy to do on ladder i wfp as mch as i can tho

first week W F P just waiting for feed back to here what the crack is
good luck m8 just rember it takes a copple cleans 2 get spot 3 windows some come good strate away some dont rince rince rence u will b ok stick at it an dont give up highs an lows at thurst but when u get used to wfp u will no wat windows play up so makes it easer

Im amazed at how many people do wfp if im being honest and yes dodger you surprise me as your a blidurth/rainoth oik .As round Mansfield I have picked up loads of peeps complaining about pole systems.Everyone seems to prefer a trad man here.

I haven't honestly lost one customer to go back and see a pole guy doing it where I can point to plenty the other way around I nfact I can honestly say I haven't lost one customer to any other windy as I know off.

im just amazed at how the pole guys get any work,now puts his tin hat on lol

The windows that are to high or if I cant do them by walking on a wet slippery roof I dont do them and still get the same money if customer complains I will knock a few sheckles off lol but most don't....they just understand and are happy to have a trad guy doing as many windows as they can get to.

I think most people want a guy they can trust and they turn up regular even if there more expensive which I tend to be a little more than most.But I figure if you dress smart engage with customer and seem happy even if your really NOT.......this seems the key ingredient to retaining customers.I have outed virtually two dodgy looking window cleaners on one avenue near me as people didn't like the way the looked and acted.

Im amazed at how many people do wfp if im being honest and yes dodger you surprise me as your a blidurth/rainoth oik ..
'To be honest' mate, whether Dodger is from Blidworth or Rainworth or where-ever.....what does it matter.......

And to call Dodger an 'OIK' is a bit derogatory don't you think, I would say he's quite much the opposite.

OIK......

regarded as an inferior....

lower class...

ignorant........

ill-educated...

unpleasant....

unpopular person.

Think you need to take a look at yourself 'Fast Muchly'.

'To be honest' mate, whether Dodger is from Blidworth or Rainworth or where-ever.....what does it matter.......

And to call Dodger an 'OIK' is a bit derogatory don't you think, I would say he's quite much the opposite.

OIK......

regarded as an inferior....

lower class...

ignorant........

ill-educated...

unpleasant....

unpopular person.

Think you need to take a look at yourself 'Fast Muchly'.
Dear oh deary me
some people don't half get up tight.

It wasn't meant like that although me and dodger have never met personally we are only a few miles apart and have messaged each other on here a few times.........we share the same birthdays and have quite a bit in common.

It was tongue in cheek style of comment just having a laugh nothing meant by it CALM DOWN !!.

And im pretty sure he would see it that way god glad your not one of my custies pmsl

It was tongue in cheek style of comment just having a laugh nothing meant by it CALM DOWN !!.
OOPS :Image1: ....OK....fair enough......me is having a bad day :Image6: ..........I'm off out for a Guinness :Image7: ...or 10 :Image9:.

i think the people who dont like wfp eather have problimatic windows ie bad rubbers or powery fraims or even a slap dash wfp guy ,some just dont like water every where an some dont like wet windows an think it ant the propa way to clean .thats y i do wfp an trad some people just do wfp an wont go up a ladder an say sod it if they pay me an dont complane i dont care eather way ,not me of corse lol :Image13: i clean as mch as i can wfp cos its safer but any of the above happen i trad with in reason some of my custmers hate trad an some pefer trad its all about the custemer an the windows (just my view tho} :Image13:

Why climb ladders 100 times a day when you can keep your feet on the ground and walk with a pole?
Why pull a hose out the back of your van 100 times a day..........leave customers sills wet thru..............not put on enough pressure to clean bird muck off top windows as your pole might snap lol and why flatten peoples very expensive roses with your hose pipe while round the back.

Just my view no matter how bigoted lol.

Seriously I have loads of customers here moaning about pole windys loads have swapped over to me coz they hate them for one thing or another I would never do it unless they banned ladders and there was no other option available.

And it does give you a tight ass and buttocks lol

to counter that tho a lot of windows come out beta wfp no smears or direction change marks but i no wat u mean some people dont like it i think u need to do boath that way u can clean all windows i have picked up a lot of wrk throu trad guys not bing able to get top windows that cant b done with a ladder an custmers wanting the windows cleaned safely swings an roundabouts realy i had a guy fone me the other day saying they had a windy wfp guy who stoped coming cos he hurt his neck ??? he told me wfp dident clean very well when i get there ill inspect the windows an c if he is slap dash or problimatic windows if i think there good to wfp ill say ill wfp them an if ur not happy with reselts ill trad them next time

Why pull a hose out the back of your van 100 times a day..........leave customers sills wet thru..............not put on enough pressure to clean bird muck off top windows as your pole might snap lol and why flatten peoples very expensive roses with your hose pipe while round the back.

Just my view no matter how bigoted lol.

Seriously I have loads of customers here moaning about pole windys loads have swapped over to me coz they hate them for one thing or another I would never do it unless they banned ladders and there was no other option available.

And it does give you a tight ass and buttocks lol
You have no idea really, maybe you should try it.. If the results are poor it's due to the cleaner, not the wfp system. If it was so rubbish people wouldn't invest £1000s on systems, plus your missing out on bigger and better work..

I still think trad cleans better & I use both. Getting into that old chestnut again trad v wfp lol

Must agree I think a lot of bad wfp is down to slap dash. It took me a while to get it right & I still wouldn't say I'm perfect

I'm on the point of retiring, and I know a wfp chap who is in my area. He has already lost a few customers to me, as they don't like wfp. We got into discussions about him buying my round, he was keen. Anyway we left it for a bit, and he came back and said that he didn't want to buy as he was worried that he would lose too many customers. What does that tell you? It wouldn't be the same the other way round.

Back