Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Back To Trad

I used to do site cleans a couple years ago,got asked to go to Birmingham to clean 8 houses cos the WFP cleaners couldn't get stickers off,scrape windows or de-tape the sills,if they stickered up you need a ladder lol

Another point you don't get knackered knees so much if you tape and pad the top 3 rungs on your ladder before you start seriously window cleaning for a living.

I have been lucky enough to have been told this early and have applied it straight away.

Removal of stickers and tape should be done off a cherry picker or scaffold. That is the alternative. How do you remove stickers from a six floor window with a ladder, like to see you try. All tools have there limits.

I used to get caught up in the whole trad vs wfp argument. Somebody once said they are both cleaning tools. Each method has its + and - As soon as you realise that then this game becomes fun and can earn you some serious cash.

All i care about is safety and money. If a house is quicker trad then trad it is. If a house is safer WFP then WFP it is. If i turn up at a house and the potential customer point blank refuses pole, and i see no reason to trad it then they don't come on board.

After a few years cleaning with WFP you take trad comments with a pinch of salt.

I think if people cared more about business than petty arguments some guys wouldn't be stuck with one van and a handful of customers.

One thing i will say. I can name countless people across many forums and in real life who have gone from one van to several with WFP in as little as 2 years. Same can't be said for trad WHY? Because the first line of this post sunk into them straight away.

Lol

Totally agree,been there done that with trad cleaning and labourers,you av got a limit of which you can earn

I on WFP now cus o my knee and earning more money already

It the dollar that counts,that the reason we all work........ain't it

It certainly is mine

Don't work.....we don't eat

after only four weeks W F P i can now see the difference in how much extra cash can be made W F P, and i,m still learning but finding it so much easier

we now have an option W F P or trad. had no hassle at all with customers as long as the job is well done haho.

as long as the windows are cleaned folk dont care its only window cleaning thats there view.

Point blank there is no argument wfp is NOT as good cleaning the windows as trad .

Its safer and its easier for guys thinking there never going to get seriously hurt falling off ladders that's it stop messing about also I will submit you can only do some windows via wfp its the only option so does open up more work IF YOU WANT IT AND NEED IT.

But customers are not idiots they would far sooner have a trad guy do there windows and the fact is if there are two window cleaner side by side vying for same job and both can get to all of the windows easily the trad man will win the customer in MOST CASES.

END of argument lol

No. Trad is not better than wfp. As wfp is not better than trad.

There is no degree of clean. I clean half my round trad and half wfp dependant on jobs. I leave all my windows clean, no marks, no muck, no spots or smears.

If a window is clean then it is clean. I see very little room for debate on the subject.

I've had customers complain that their window is wet, which is stupid.

I've also had customers complain that I'm doing the windows too fast, which is stupid. But nobody complains that the windows aren't clean.

The argument ofver which is better is a useless argument, nobody ever wins or convinces anyone. Yet both methods are tried and tested and both work.

I have trad and wfp because of the jobs I do, it means I have a means to clean 99% of windows in my area.

Both have their benefits. I'd never pull one method down, as there are valid arguments to use both methods.

That my friend is an end of an argument /emoticons/wink.png

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Back