Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hose connector problem

muzza

Hi, im just starting ou in wfp and have installed my trolley and hose reel etc in my van. My problem is this.....when I switch it on its fine, the water flows all the way through to my brush head but when I stop the flow of water by switching the tap off (which I have fixed to my pole) the water starts to leak from all the connectors and spills into the back of my van, its like a build up of pressure. I have one hozelock water stop connector at one end of the hose which goes from my trolley to my hose reel. Do I need to have two water stop connectors in order to let the water flow back?

I really want to start using it but this is doing my head in!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Are you switching your trolley off? If it's still on and switched off at the pole I can only assume your connections aren't tight enough as it certainly should leak unless they aren't.

Are you switching your trolley off? If it's still on and switched off at the pole I can only assume your connections aren't tight enough as it certainly should leak unless they aren't.
Yeah I'm leaving the trolley switched on and stopping the water flow with the tap on the pole and that's when the water is spurting everywhere in my van?

Are you using a controller & what trolley are you using?

If you are just letting the pressure build up say on a 100 psi pump it will defo blow hozelock type connectors as they are not meant for that type of pressure.

Are you using a controller & what trolley are you using?If you are just letting the pressure build up a 100 psi pump it will defo blow hozelock type connectors as they are not meant for that type of pressure.
Hi mate, its a bayersan trolley. It has an 80psi pump and has 3 speeds. All the connectors that came with it are hozelock ones. I will phone them tomorrow and see what they say but thought id ask on here too. Its all a bit disheartening to be honest as I thought id be up and running with it by tmrw.:-(

urf, post: 213534, member: 4889"]Are you using a controller & what trolley are you using?

If you are just letting the pressure build up say on a 100 psi pump it will defo blow hozelock type connectors as they are not meant for that type of pressure.

Hi, im just starting ou in wfp and have installed my trolley and hose reel etc in my van. My problem is this.....when I switch it on its fine, the water flows all the way through to my brush head but when I stop the flow of water by switching the tap off (which I have fixed to my pole) the water starts to leak from all the connectors and spills into the back of my van, its like a build up of pressure. I have one hozelock water stop connector at one end of the hose which goes from my trolley to my hose reel. Do I need to have two water stop connectors in order to let the water flow back?I really want to start using it but this is doing my head in!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Is your pump showing 'DE' when you turn the flow off at the tap? Can you go out to your van and switch your system on, open the tap, let water flow for 30 seconds or so and then turn off at the tap. Go and look at your controller. Assuming it's a Spring type controller, there should be a message displayed. Tell us what it says.

Is your pump showing 'DE' when you turn the flow off at the tap? Can you go out to your van and switch your system on, open the tap, let water flow for 30 seconds or so and then turn off at the tap. Go and look at your controller. Assuming it's a Spring type controller, there should be a message displayed. Tell us what it says.
Hi mate, my pump doesn't have a display on it??

Sounds like the pressure switch on the pump isn't working. It should detect that the flow has ceased, then stop the pump.

As it's new, talk to the supplier. They should sort you out.

I take it if I bought a pump controller with a DE setting and connected that to my pump then that would detect when ive turned my remote tap off and shut thecpump down thus avoiding blown hoses and connectors? And when I turn tap back on it will detect this and start the pump again?

Back