Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do High Winds Stop You From Working?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

HotWash Window Cleaners

I find it difficult to keep the brushes on the window and generally get wet when it's really windy. Do you just soldier on or do you take the day off until wind dies down?

2 storey houses i just carry on, just turn flow up a bit more.

but on my 4 storey i wouldnt do it due to location and safety, at nearly 42 ft in the air poles are hard to control i find

Obviously there is a safety issue even doing 2 storey wfp work as I've nearly lost the pole with gusting winds on more than one occasion over the years. I've found also wind can blow **** back onto the wet glass too so not ideal.

Not ideal weather for gutter clearing (ladder or guttervac) or for that matter pressure washing either.

Today I'm staying at home as the wind speed is around 24 mph & gusting winds up to 48 mph

You can’t beat mother nature sometimes :mellow:

Fortunately only once and that was gutter cleaning with the guttervac over three stories... Gave up it got to dodgy!!

Over 3 storeys /emoticons/ohmy.png are you bonkers even to try to use a guttervac at that height?

I find it difficult to keep the brushes on the window and generally get wet when it's really windy. Do you just soldier on or do you take the day off until wind dies down?
Take the day off or wait till it dies down! other wise all the dirt the wind is throwing up ends up on the wet glass!

upstairs down stairs i carry on as norm, more water pressure tho coz half of it goes down the walls. i always start at one end and work with the wind aswell.

Sounds like you need to change your name to "Just do my walls" /emoticons/biggrin.png

nahhh thats my sister company, we also have a brother company called just do my gutters and just do my garden lol :lol: im gunna get the JUST DO MY bit patented lol

Water flow up, rinse on the glass. Easy peasey.

Anything over 30ft is a no no for us, if very windy.

but tbh when its windy, wet windows dry dirty due to debris and dirt.

I got a big job tomorrow gotta go up 44ft hope its not to windy its gona be 8am in morning aswell

I take my ladders down, and get the traditional gear cranked up.

2 storey only.

There's wind and there's wind.

rs2315.

Back