Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Do You Reckon To This Fella?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It's just like other tradders, they got their oblong unger bucket and boab and think what do I need wfp for this works so I ain't fixing it. Theres a lot of modern tradders don't use a boab but use holsters.

And yeah would be very boring if we were all the same, I don't use a bucket full stop, diid my first year wfp with a pressure sprayer, works for me.

Bring back ragging now that's the proper old school way

To hell with all this modern new fangled stuff with me rags and ladder in hand... Job done :Image13:

I had a bloke help me once many years ago, i was on the ladders, he would use one square metre of scrim chucked over his shouler, which was ok until he would detail the edges then wipe sill with same srim, it did not take long before i started to get complaints, :Image6:

I need to get some photos of my scrims up.

They are about the size of A5 piece of paper,

when i was full time trad i used to use one or two scrims a week.

Some people have got it, others havent.

When he was doing the middle window at the top his feet were above the gutter, this is very dangerous and asking for the foot of the ladder to fly out. His squeegee work is good though.

i just don't think putting down an old school guy like that is really fair, he's happy and probably has been for years, his customers are also happy or they'd get the better window cleaner over the street to do theirs.
Bob on dodger about being happy, thats all that matters after customers not complaining lol. As for getting the better window cleaner across the road to do them...... I sold this bit of work about 5 years ago when i gave up for a bit, i couldn't believe the lad who bought it cause he couldn't drive and was relying on a mate to drop him off and pick him up.

Long story short......he did them 3 or 4 times and never turned up again, we rang him loads and he never answered and eventually the number was discontinued!!!

When i went back cleaning again all my neighbours bar that one asked me back, talking to them recently she said she was to embarrassed to ask me back!!! No idea why!!? i do her sisters windows too.

I think she didn't ask me because by this point this fella had been doing them for a year or so and hasn't got the heart to sack him, which is fine by me as he does drive around town a lot to do the odd house here and there so he's welcome to it.

Good luck to him. Hope no one videos me why I'm cleaning windows. I only use one scrim all day. At the most 2. When 1 is a bit damp its pegged on van to dry. He's taking his time. He's detailing. You telling me no one has ever? Leant a ladder on guttering???. Looks fine to me.

I need to get some photos of my scrims up.

They are about the size of A5 piece of paper,

when i was full time trad i used to use one or two scrims a week.

Some people have got it, others havent.
Have only used 2 this week. Mine are also cut in half. Found them awkward full size.

Have only used 2 this week. Mine are also cut in half. Found them awkward full size.
Mine are the unger scrim cut into 4. Then a customer hemmed them.

They are new and are taking time to wear in lol

Back