New Vehicle - Van, 4x4 or Car

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by cbay, Oct 13, 2011.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. cbay

cbay Guest

Morning All!

Well I currently only do traditional cleaning but am looking to get WFP now to work a little quicker on some jobs and also hopefully win some bigger jobs on top.

But I am unsure which vehicle to get a Small Van, Middle Sized Van, Some sort of 4x4 or a large car i.e. People Carrier.

What does everyone else prefer? Also what works out cheaper, insurance etc

As I always thought Van insurance is highier than a car for example.
  2. i have 2 vans and i havent found the insurance to be any higher. With a van the inland revenue are expecting 100% of your mileage to be of set against your tax bill where as with a car or 4x4 you are expected to split the milage and general vehicle running costs between personal and work. If you are going wfp you all need to thin about the vehicles maximum gross weight because a water tank with all your other equipment will weigh a fair amount remember for every litre of water your tank holds thats a kilogram of weight. Working out of a car or even 4x4 can be a ***htmare space wise. i used to use a car when i first started but now only a van will suffice. as for what type of van it depends on the size of water tank you are planning on using, i'd recommend 1000litre, anything smaller and you'll be refilling quite a bit
  3. cbay

cbay Guest

My list of vehicles is getting longer :)
  4. Laz

Laz Guest

I agree with colin, if you are going wfp then I would recommend getting a van due the the space. I'm not sure why but I just think a van looks for professional.
  5. Ken

Ken Guest

Van, threefold reasons:

1 . Get the right van and everything fits in lovely.
    2 . It looks professional.
    3 . People cannot see what you own, therefore lowering risk of theft, if you get a 4x4, what's hidden?

Jul 25, 2011
    i have a van looks better on the job its only a berlingo and i run my landscape business out of it,if i was just doing window cleaning i could easy do it out of a car a fiesta would do me ladders on top asda bag full of cloths 25L of spare water.easy and cheap seen a guy doing it out of a clio.

if i was waterfed i would buy a transit van.and do it that way.