Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Low mood

Summertime

Morning everyone,

I should be feeling positive, I have a nice van , nice system , a website etc , live on the South Coast , just really struggling with motivation as just can't seem to get any customers on board. Admittedly I've leafleted for one day and just out anf about delivering now , but I genuinely thought I'd have more update , im polite to everyone I see , I hand a leaflet to everyone I see, I'm not sure about knocking doors , is that something you do?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I always read for the forum and it usually perks me up reading you guys success stories .

Any tips or pointers would be really greatly appreciated.

Thank you all

Tom

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

get out there and knocking on doors dropping flyers is not as good as face to face [emoji16]
and chin up!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Self motivation is the hardest but if you want something that bad then make it work. Just remember it's your life and how you live it and what you do is totally up to you. Do you want to look back in thirty years and say you've had a good go at life or are you happy to just see out the rest of your life doing something you don't want to?

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Forums

Mate you gotta keep your chin up. Whether it's your first day or been doing it ages you have days of canvassing or leafleting  when you will get non and days where you strike it lucky. Also in my experience of leafketing the work often trickles in of the coming weeks not everyone who wants you will ring you that day so you may get some. What others said though knocking doors is best and once you have done a few your confidence will grow. If you work hard you will definitely get there I love this game, but it's hard work to get the rewards

Worn shoe leather = lots of customers

Only way to do it is to get knocking

Leaflets work sporadically and you can get an enquiry from a leaflet posted months ago but knocking is an instant yes or no

Save the leaflets for the doors you knock and no one is home

South coast is lovely

I got family from Southampton to dorset and everywhere in between

Sods law i end up born in London 

Last edited by a moderator:
South coast is lovely

I got family from Southampton to dorset and everywhere in between

Sods law i end up born in London 
Im near Portsmouth mate and it is a nice part of the world especially on weather  days like this! Dorsets even nicer though ain't it and amazing coastline and countryside along there

Not allowed to talk to pompei boys my grandad always told me

Spent his life at the dell back in the day  :1f602:

I am often in Southampton and eastleigh visiting family

Rownhams services love me lol

InAs already said, pounding the pavement and knocking the doors is the most effective. Responses are immediate either way and if they're not at home make a note of the numbers and return at a different time.
If they're still not in the then drop a leaflet.

Also go canvassing at the best times - Friday evening, Saturday morning and possibly Sundays (depends what your home life is like)
If you do 4 weeks of that you'll definitely have good results.
As people see you cleaning their neighbours they'll ask you.
And it will start to snowball...

6 months time you'll probably come on here saying you've had to start turning work down  :1f602:

I have found that most of the time I get calls about a week after leafleting. Sometimes the calls come in sooner, like my last bout of leafletting. I had 8 calls before I'd left the village and so stopped the van and quoted and got all 8. Honestly once you are seen regularly in an area the work will come to you from surrounding properties

I'm having good success with my current leaflet which basically shows before and after pics on the reverse of the flyer. In my opinion just putting bullet points of what you offer doesn't get peoples minds thinking about their property enough. Pictures help the envisage what clean windows fascia soffitt is like. Plus leaflet drop around 6pm works well for me. 

Not allowed to talk to pompei boys my grandad always told me

Spent his life at the dell back in the day  :1f602:

I am often in Southampton and eastleigh visiting family

Rownhams services love me lol
the dell that was a proper footy ground. southamptons a great city to be fair good for a few beers and a night out especially with the new west quay centre opened recently. But gotta stop this southampton love in and remember I'm a Pompey lad ☺️

Leaflets do work - keep going with them. The secret is little & often. Spending too long leafleting really does put you off doing them again. Do the same roads again & again. I've picked up jobs on my 4th leaflet on the same road.

Also - FREE ad in the Thomson Local & Yell !! Get most of mine this free and simple way. 

And freeindex

Make a free account and you will get work from it

Admittedly i only get 1 or 2 a month from there but for 5 minutes of your time to set it up it has got to be worth it

Leaflets do work - keep going with them. The secret is little & often. Spending too long leafleting really does put you off doing them again. Do the same roads again & again. I've picked up jobs on my 4th leaflet on the same road.

Also - FREE ad in the Thomson Local & Yell !! Get most of mine this free and simple way. 
Agree with this and I find a good way of getting customers nice and close is by leafleting a few houses either side of a job when you Finish. Takes maybe 2 mins after a job before you jump back in the van. 

Back