Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

old Versus new applicator sleeves

WCF

Help Support WCF:

B

boarcity

i got to thinking, are they better when new versus when theyre old as ferk ?

not a blind bit of diffrence?

iv several at least 6yrs old still in daily use .

I like a new sleeve only because I find it holds more water and drops less on the sill I change them probably about every 4 month

The old ones I use for crappy jobs and high street where there's traffic film

I find once there worn they don't hold the water rather drop it all over the sill so need more dips

What about the porcupine (ettore one blue shades/ungers one has one side green i think) type ones,maybe its just a placebo affect but after a few month of use they seem to remove less on first cleans.

Read that post about pressure washing them,how simple and effective I'd bet that is too..

What about the porcupine (ettore one blue shades/ungers one has one side green i think) type ones,maybe its just a placebo affect but after a few month of use they seem to remove less on first cleans.
Read that post about pressure washing them,how simple and effective I'd bet that is too..
Although I don't use porcupines now, I did for a long time, and found them the best. I would change mine every seven months or so, and give the old ones away to people who had dogs, because they're like dead rabbits to a dog.

Really like the ettore one,find it cleans really well..got two more coming so can kind of last them longer

I just bought the moreman one. Looking forward to trying it out. I usually use the blue and white pulex one. Holds a lot more water than the unger green/white sleeves.

Back