Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

debo

hi all I've just been made redundant from the oil industry so thought I would try my hand at window cleaning. I already have a van so just need to get the gear to kit it out wfp system. Where would be the best place you guys recoment for all your gear thanks

if you can make the system yourself then this would be a lot cheaper.

you can get most things from window cleaning suppliers online.

Hi mate welcome to the forum!

I built my kit myself, shopped around online and got all the bits from various places.

This is what I bought:

Pump: 12v Shurflo 100psi 5.2lpm £74.40 12V 100PSI 5.2LPM SHURFLO DIAPHRAGM PUMP FREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY

Hose and reel: Wintecs metal hose reel with 100m of 6mm microbore hose £111.23 Metal Hose Reel c/w 100m WINTECS 6mm Hose Complete

DI Vessel: depending on the size you want... 19ltr EMPTY DI VESSEL - Window Cleaning/Bio Filter - EMPTY OF RESIN

In-Line strainer: shurflo in-line strainer with 1/2" barbs £10.99 Shurflo, Flojet and Aquatec water pump, Varistream for window cleaning in London UK (scroll down)

Resin: 25l Unger mixed bed resin £72.00 Purolite MB400 Virgin mixed bed DI resin for pure water window cleaning

TDS Meter: Digital TDS Meter stick £4.95 Digital TDS 3 Water Quality Purity Meter TEMP PPM Test Tester Filter Pen Stick

Battery: I got a 100ah leisure battery from the local agricultural shop for about £70

Pole trigger: 532TV trigger - Plastic clamp (saves you a heck of a lot of water) £35.99 Water fed pole triggers and aqua-dapter accessories (scroll down)

I've left out all the RO kit as I use rain water and don't need that part so I go straight through the DI vessel, ask someone else about that :thumbsup:

That's all I can think of for now!

Hi mate welcome to the forum!I built my kit myself, shopped around online and got all the bits from various places.

This is what I bought:

Pump: 12v Shurflo 100psi 5.2lpm £74.40 12V 100PSI 5.2LPM SHURFLO DIAPHRAGM PUMP FREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY

Hose and reel: Wintecs metal hose reel with 100m of 6mm microbore hose £111.23 Metal Hose Reel c/w 100m WINTECS 6mm Hose Complete

DI Vessel: depending on the size you want... 19ltr EMPTY DI VESSEL - Window Cleaning/Bio Filter - EMPTY OF RESIN

In-Line strainer: shurflo in-line strainer with 1/2" barbs £10.99 Shurflo, Flojet and Aquatec water pump, Varistream for window cleaning in London UK (scroll down)

Resin: 25l Unger mixed bed resin £72.00 Purolite MB400 Virgin mixed bed DI resin for pure water window cleaning

TDS Meter: Digital TDS Meter stick £4.95 Digital TDS 3 Water Quality Purity Meter TEMP PPM Test Tester Filter Pen Stick

Battery: I got a 100ah leisure battery from the local agricultural shop for about £70

Pole trigger: 532TV trigger - Plastic clamp (saves you a heck of a lot of water) £35.99 Water fed pole triggers and aqua-dapter accessories (scroll down)

I've left out all the RO kit as I use rain water and don't need that part so I go straight through the DI vessel, ask someone else about that :thumbsup:

That's all I can think of for now!
you missed tank! lol

must rain a lot where you are, or not use that much?

you missed tank! lol
must rain a lot where you are, or not use that much?
I use 20 litre tubs lol! I use my car so I can fit 9 tubs in the back which gives me 180 litres /emoticons/smile.png yeah I've got a big 1000 litre tank connected to the house and another to the garage so when it rains it tops them back up:cool:

I would only use a guy called Stephen, from Aquaeous Plastic Fabricationhe makes all his own tanks and to suit and shape or size.

its where I got this tank made for my van

View attachment 9445
that's dead handy! you could fit a mattress in there for a quick nap between jobs :zzz:

Only looking at a smallish tank about 250ltr as my van is only a Peugeot partner. How many 2 bedroom terrace houses on average do you think this would be enough for

I used to get a whole day out of a 250lt tank. but does depend what you are cleaning, first cleans you would use a lot more for.

depending where you are I have a 350lt tank and frame for sale.

Back