Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp Back To Trad

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bernie

As anyone gone from useing wfp back to trad? And Useing a wagtail on a pole. And wfp just for first cleans..

Simplicity lol. Tho I wouldn't say it going backwards lol tis just another tool they all more less do same job at the end of the day...but I'm more asking just to see if others av done this.

Window cleaning doesn't get more simple than scrub with brush then rinse. I'd never go back to trad for the same reasons as RC above, I can get through £3-400 a day with WFP, no chance at all with squeegee and windwash.

I was trad then went to wfp for 2 years now back to trad, I hated wfp couldn't get on with it and it slowed me up a lot

i have switched a few here an there bk to trad only cos the rubbers play up an cause spotting an runs i try an wfp as mch as i can tho as i perfer wfp does a beter job on most windows i think an its quicker an easer

Simplicity lol. Tho I wouldn't say it going backwards lol tis just another tool they all more less do same job at the end of the day...but I'm more asking just to see if others av done this.
I'd have to agree with you although I do do some wfp from a backpack. I also would not say its going backwards. Trad still needs to be there to do insides for instance & those windows with railings on. I know a couple of window cleaners round my area that switched back as they preferred trad. You will also get people saying its good because all there worried about is how much money they can earn rather then do a good job (NOT directed to anybody on here just a general observation from my area) so in my eyes cannot see why eyebrows are raised when people say they prefer trad. I do.

Window cleaning doesn't get more simple than scrub with brush then rinse. I'd never go back to trad for the same reasons as RC above, I can get through £3-400 a day with WFP, no chance at all with squeegee and windwash.
Wouldn't say it's as easy as that. Takes a while to get it right. Agree it's good once you got the knack.

which of the two takes more skill?
think there's a art to both... But I would say the wagtail takes a little bit more skill..But good thing is with the wagtail you can see right away where your going wrong...but with wfp you need to wait for it to dry...now what I would like to try is the new water fed wagtail works more less the same way as wfp only you leave the window dry.

which of the two takes more skill?
both trad and wfp take skill,

but I think wfp takes more skill, as you have to get the water right, equipment right, scrubbing and then the right amount of rinsing. and if you get all that right you will have a perfect window when its dry.

there's more things in wfp to go wrong and cause problems, with trad the only things that goes wrong it bad rubber and user error.

trad you can see your mistake right away and correct it there and then with a cloth or re-do the window, wfp you have to make sure you get it right first time otherwise you get called back to put it right.

lots of people try to go wfp and struggle with it, getting spotting all the time etc, they just cant get the hang of it.

As long as customers are kept happy it doesn't matter what methods are used. Simples...

my plan is to use both when i start surely if your water is right and your gear your not far away W FP

you know what your looking for when cleaning any way if you have been trad

both trad and wfp take skill,

but I think wfp takes more skill, as you have to get the water right, equipment right, scrubbing and then the right amount of rinsing. and if you get all that right you will have a perfect window when its dry.

there's more things in wfp to go wrong and cause problems, with trad the only things that goes wrong it bad rubber and user error.

trad you can see your mistake right away and correct it there and then with a cloth or re-do the window, wfp you have to make sure you get it right first time otherwise you get called back to put it right.

lots of people try to go wfp and struggle with it, getting spotting all the time etc, they just cant get the hang of it.
Good description RC

Personally I think wagtail on a pole cleaning is just lazy, you cannot clean windows properly using a wagtail on a pole..

It's either up a ladder or wfp..

Don't mean to sound provoking, but it's not a method I would use to clean all top windows.. You just cannot so it properly.. And would be more hassle than it's worth

I do use a wagtail on a pole for cleaning some high internal windows tho

Don't mean to sound provoking, but it's not a method I would use to clean all top windows.. You just cannot so it properly.. And would be more hassle than it's worth

I do use a wagtail on a pole for cleaning some high internal windows tho
so are you saying the high windows you clean internal your not cleaning them properly lol

Back