Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Connecting Pump To Van Battery

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Lukeey

Hi there

Just wanting to hear from people their opinions and ideas of the best way to connect my shurflo pump to a battery supply.

At the mo I have connected it to my vans battery adding it from the light connection in the back of the van but hear that this is not a good idea, plus every 10 minutes of it working it disconnects and need to be restarted to get it working(something to do with a trip wire on the vans onboard computer to stop wasting battery power).

Any ideas would be great.

(Currently have the new shape VW Caddy but Im selling this for a VW Transporter in the next month- not sure whether it might change anyones ideas?

Thanks for reading! /emoticons/smile.png

Lukeey

run a fused wire straight from the battery, then to a relay and switch in the back.

halford will have all the bits for about £15 max

Deep cycle leisure battery, with split charge relay then run in from the van battery.. I was told a 20 amp will do be enough for a days work, others prefer 85amp..

i got a 120amp leisure batterty in my van, with a split charger on and a trickle solar panel for when the engine is not running it still charging! i run 2 100psi shurflo pumps off that, I fitted in the van 6 month ago, never been taken out for a charge!!!!

no problems, if u need anything else just ask!

if you are only going to run one pump off it, you wont need one that big, i just like to make sure i got something that is to big and will never die on me! last thing you want is to be out for a day and then it all stops after half of it!

i got diffrent pump controllers on both my pumps, they only cost me £10 each and they work well! to alter the flow its just a turn of a dial!

Much prefer a battery that will last longer without worrying all the time about it cutting off.

The cigarette lighter is permanently live

Back