Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

So Bored

WCF

Help Support WCF:

All Round Cleaning

So fed up its unreal I've done 1 job in 3 weeks due to the weather .

Last time It snowed and rained I had to move my round around to get the work done so now I have 2 weeks where ive got a few days full and 1 week where I have 1 day full and 1 week where I've got none

But because of this terrible weather im stuck at home jeez .

I really do feel like selling up now I can't see this business picking up .

Have u tried going out at least?

I just done 600 kwids worth of work mon- wed was snowin on n off n was freezing /emoticons/sad.png but i just stuck to it i was supposed to work todsy but so e all of todays work on mon/tues lol

While u are not working go leafletting or door knocking

U get wat u put in

The weather is Useless bit pee'd off with it myself but what can you do? I'd like to just work 3 days cleaning windows a week, that should be manageable.. Then have 2 days for other jobs or a 4 day weekend

I know what your saying there mate.

March, couldn't do owt for a week cause of car, worked two weeks, then had flu last week in bed for 4 days, then snow!

Spent so much now without much coming in.

Can't you get income support or some benefits for low income self employed, as you have your own house with kids right?

Can't you get income support or some benefits for low income self employed, as you have your own house with kids right?
Well tbh mate my wife does 24hrs on a weekend and we get tax credits to help too so we aren't that bad off

We do okish on that alone its just I want to go out an earn a living too not sit there doing nowt .

The weather is Useless bit pee'd off with it myself but what can you do? I'd like to just work 3 days cleaning windows a week, that should be manageable.. Then have 2 days for other jobs or a 4 day weekend
Thats how I work mate. I only have a full 3 days for 2 of the 4 weeks and Ive only ever had to catch up on last weeks work once and that was this week. Thats been 13 months. So its no bad, Its even better in the summer when you get finished on a Wednesday and you dont have any work booked in. its like a mini holiday

dont give up bud, it is the best job in the world but it does have down sides. i have tried to get out a few times but once you get out and do another job and work for someone else you soon start looking for ways back into window cleaning.

all i do is try not to get in debt by buying fancy goods cars, tv's ipads etc during winter when money is tighter and dont worry about getting your work out of sync just go out and earn what you can and then when the weather starts to pick up i take a week off so everything is due then start from fresh with fortnightlys,

As kier said, dont give up. To be honest we have had an exceptional 12 months weather wise......a really wet spring, summer and autumn last year followed by a really cold snowy winter. And to cap it all, the march we have all been looking forward to has turned out to be just like january. Its bound to get you a bit down. But fight on mate. If you need to get more customers then get out on the **** weather days and knock on those doors.. With the weather though, I think that it must even and average itself out and hopefully we will get a nice long settled period. I have managed 4 days this week, even though it has meant clearing snow from each and every house. I will be out tomorrow and saturday as well. No surrender!

Well tbh mate my wife does 24hrs on a weekend and we get tax credits to help too so we aren't that bad offWe do okish on that alone its just I want to go out an earn a living too not sit there doing nowt .
also get a hobby or something, i started learning guitar 3 years ago because of those 'orrible rainy crappy days/weeks i can lose hours on the thing instead of the dreaded daytime tv, i'm still absolutely **** at guitar but i love it

Back