Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Battery Charging

SPCleaning

I had a leisure battery 85 ah, but have been charging it with a charger that is really only suitable for up to 55ah.

It has lasted a year and recently has started letting me down.

So I have bought a new 85 ah battery and put it in the van but never charged it as I assumed it already was. It lasted two hours.

I have bought a new charger (8 amp) fit up to 120 ah and have put the battery on charge. Within two hours it was showing fully charged.

I thought it would take 10 hours.

Any thoughts?

a dead battery doesnt lose all its ah, just enough to turn pump off, if you run with out a controller it will last longer,

yea, sick of them blowing up, the controller when it ges below a certain amp it turns the pump off and flashes bat, no controller will run till battery completely flat, just connect to split relay and sometimes charge over night this is what I do, as I don't do enough miles to keep battery full

yea, sick of them blowing up, the controller when it ges below a certain amp it turns the pump off and flashes bat, no controller will run till battery completely flat, just connect to split relay and sometimes charge over night this is what I do, as I don't do enough miles to keep battery full
you not had one of the controllers i make then lol

not had one blow up on me yet and you can still run the battery down without charging it with them too!!

Latest Posts

Back