Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

long term plans

WCF

Help Support WCF:

B

boarcity

whats your long term plan ? iv never really had one, till now just keepin building up my round but last night chattin wi the missus iv decided that from next spring im changing my round .

everything 3 storey is going ,end of . everything difficult basically . to make this happen i will need to sit down over xmas break and plan a marketing campaign on the council estates to bring in a surge of extra jobs at the same time the 3 storey gets the chop ,

talking of the chop i will chop up my big ladder sets over the xmas break to make sure i dont go back on my plan- possibly using a chopsaw that was conveniently one of my xmas pressies .

im going to need a real rush of new council house jobs to cover the shortfall in income once the 3 storey stuff goes- so thats my long term plan

Last edited:
Sounds good, or maybe get a trolley system for the three story houses boar?

Ill take on any 3 story houses if you do get rid /emoticons/wink.png

Global domination.

Just gotta try and get out door befor half nine in the morning and I'll be on the way.

Well my initial goal is to build a full round so that has to be the main aim, although i want to build it with decent prices and have a minimum amount of "have to collect" or "has to be ins for access" from the start, so far its on track.

Long term i want to branch into other areas of cleaning, particularly carpets but pressure washing etc as well. I want to be able to advertise solely online through websites and word of mouth and get everything paid online also, basically mimimise the amount of admin and marketting i have to do and concentrate on doing the job.

From there i suppose keep upping prices for all services and dropping the bottom until it cant be done anymore then maybe i would set employess on whatever contributes to earning as much as poss for as little work as poss.

Ultimately i want to have a balance, 4-5 days a week work is good

Sounds good, or maybe get a trolley system for the three story houses boar?
Ill take on any 3 story houses if you do get rid ;)
youll get them if you want them, tho i must add nearly all are hostile to a wfp . mostly the 3 storey houses are in colch and also about 30 on felixstowe seafront if you fancy them . be in touch nearer the time. my lads are keen for me to get rid!View attachment 5012

View attachment 5011

whats your long term plan ? iv never really had one, till now just keepin building up my round but last night chattin wi the missus iv decided that from next spring im changing my round .everything 3 storey is going ,end of . everything difficult basically . to make this happen i will need to sit down over xmas break and plan a marketing campaign on the council estates to bring in a surge of extra jobs at the same time the 3 storey gets the chop ,

talking of the chop i will chop up my big ladder sets over the xmas break to make sure i dont go back on my plan- possibly using a chopsaw that was conveniently one of my xmas pressies .

im going to need a real rush of new council house jobs to cover the shortfall in income once the 3 storey stuff goes- so thats my long term plan
Hows this for some ideas boar;

Sell big ladders; get maybe £60,and with that place a couple of months worth of ads in the local paper.

Gather up all the old awkward jobs- high ones, limited access ones etc. And make up a round targeted towards aspiring new WFPers.-They'll be glad of the work, and you'll get more money for leaflets and advertising. Could be an easy couple of hundred quid to be made there that can go straight back into the business.

My plans are to build the round to a point where I can't cope, and then take someone on to half the load. USe him to build up the round, to the point where both of us can't cope, trim off the chaff, and then reap the rewards.

I'll talk them round boar /emoticons/wink.png

At least you can send lads up to the 3rd floor! I used to do all mine on me own till I went wfp, didn't really enjoy it!

my goal is to get 4 full week shop front rounds run by workers 5 or 6 part timers and then continue with the big commercial stuff kind of like peter artusta

i am the same @adamangler my mate is looking into carpets but think its to dear for his liking

was thinking of setting it up an employing him/ % cut of the carpet cleaning but using my biz name and the customers i have i reckon they be more likely to let someone they know clean them instead a strnger

but seeing my partner is due today for giving birth plans might change as all my free time is going to be gone lol

Plan sounds good, next plan after that could be to cut the ladders down to ground floor height /emoticons/wink.png My long-term goal is to not get injured again! /emoticons/biggrin.png

Long term plan is to start building up a round, reduce my hours at work (currently a full time postie), build up some more customers and when I hit £1200 a months worth of work quit the postie job and go full time on the windows.

Ideally I want to be earning £15 an hour on the windows to start with as a trad cleaner, but when it starts making profit I'd like to go wfp and start trying for commercial work.

Also, I'd like to go into pressure washing and carpet/hard floor cleaning.

Just got to get out there and start canvassing now!

plans are to get more quality work and get rid off the ****take another guy full time
My advice on that is is to drop the **** right away, otherwise you end up going on jobs thinking 'oh no, this ****** again'

As a friend of mine says, you can't polish a turd.

Even if you could really use that extra couple of quid you would be better of to let it go for a karmic life on the round!

Boar I sold a fair few houses on the martellos, £12 each, but easy houses to clean with wfp. I know someone that may wanna buy all 3 storey in Felixstowe, if you decide to sell I will pass his number on to you

Latest Posts

Back