Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Text to customers the night before??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

"Window cleaner calling tomorrow" they know whether to leave gate unlocked, money hidden etc from that text. Downside of texting is it gives them an opportunity to cancel, but sometimes you have to text beforehand otherwise you won't be able to do the job.

I don't text them , I give them a friendly call to make sure there know I'm coming , used to sent text but half of them never replied .

My standard text is:Window cleaner-I will be round tomorrow, weather permitting
I think I'm going to switch mine to this^ as I'm fed up of having to write a cancellation text when its rained off. With your text at least they can look out the window themselves and see you are probably not coming.

never text or phone, gives them to much of a chance for the " just mis it this time " or they are not that dirty this time
Yep thats my policy when I can get away with it, but all the ones I text are just because I need a gate open, or in some cases I need to clean a dodgy window from the inside.

As said some you have to tex to get gate open. Also I will ask to leave money out. If they don't I don't clean them. To many say sorry I forgot. I can ferget to clean windows to. Works both ways. My tex is

Hi. Weather permitting will be round Tomorow to do windows. Please leave gate open & money out if not there. Thanks. Paul.

i text, i will be at your house cleaning windows, at 11am, if you can leave your bungallow bedroom curtains open again and wear that sexy see through neglegea and doing what you were doing last time, WHEN I SURPRISED YOU there will be no charge again

ill have to just charge halfprice. sick of all these free bies im giving my customers, always check there hubbys car is not there.

LOL:specs:p:whistle:

^^^^ mind saying that I'm still trying to get around 10 custies about cleaning top windows with my water pole ,,,, some people willnt change old habits ,, still have to climb a ladder ...... I'm working on them , I'm thinking of doing them half price until there see that it works a treat .. We'll see .............

I wouldn't even tell custys if i changed to wfp

If challenged i would say "you pay me to clean windows..if not up to usual standard feel free to let me know and i will sort it"

I wouldn't give them the option of doimg it how they want

In my opinion it is irrelevant to a custy how you do a job as long as you fulfil your end of the deal by giving them clean windows

i don't ask if i can trad pole windows if i feel like it and don't ask if i can wipe leadeds with a cloth instead of squeegeeing

sorry for the rant but i think it has nothing to do with the custy how you do it natty

And to get back on topic lol. .i text night before only for access issues and never mention the weather

When I take on a custy they are told in no uncertain terms that i clean in all weathers and the only time i won't be round is when i think it is too bad

Most people seem happy with that

On the weather side, i clean in drizzle and light rain and dont start a house in heavy rain bit will finish in it.

I text. Hi"name" im due to clean the windows tomorrow, please leave gate unlocked and payment in the usual spot, cheers, Paul

Any customers who cancel after a text when im on time for any reason become labled a messer and are lucky to get back on my list

I have got to that point now paul with my customer base

It is just right so i can bin and replace now without having to worry

Built up a full monthly round of around 250-300 custys in 6 months and now can afford to streamline

Such a good feeling not to need to keep the messers

Any customers who cancel after a text when im on time for any reason become labled a messer and are lucky to get back on my list
Yep, any faffing about like this and mine are relegating themselves. A few chances and they are getting dumped. I've been quite lucky so far but the newer ones need training up.

Daveyboy, Bud there are set in there ways ,, before I changed over to wfp I was climbing a ladder all the time .. There said family members had a wfp window cleaner and there made a right old mess ,,, not sure about that , might not have seen them dry ok .... I'll work on them ...... If I get dumped ,, there will get them done by wfp anyway , most are wfp around here or there will clean them there selves. Not !!!!!

It annoys me when I hear my mates round where i live telling me how they have been dictated to how to clean a custys windows

I am an ex roofer and wouldn't have a custy up on the roof telling me jow to change a tile

I would do the job then charge the happy customer

Why should it be any different for us

I took on a new custy (a neighbour of one of my old ones) who was moaning about their guy moving the dirt around with his wfp

I told him i would do his windows but pointed out it is the cleaner not the method and the fact that i am going wfp soon for the tops and would do it how i see fit at the time

He seemed quite happy after that as i said anything you are not happy with phone me and i will come back and sort

I had a women phone me before Xmas WANTING HER WINDOWS CLEANED FOR XMAS Never spoke to her before I'll explained to her I would start at hers at 8 am the next day .... Boy she was nt happy she said she, d be in bed , and I would have to wait for her to unlock her gate ,,,, soon as she said that alarm bells rang. Messer I thought. Shame. She had a nice house with dirty windows ,,,,,, happy hunting to her She was dumped before I started.

I sometimes get sarcastic comments from customers . Wow that was quick or similar. Cus I've cleaned there windows in 10 mins and charged a tenner . Usually it only happens for the first one or two cleans . It still p**ses me off . What should it matter as long as they are completed to a good standard . I never give custys an option of trad . When changing a custy from trad to wfp I just do it and if they ask I blind them with science about the benefits . They're usually fine about it .

Back