Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Guess it will be a day off tomorrow

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SPCleaning

Message from the met office

Yellow Warning of Wind for South West England : Bournemouth, Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Isles of Scilly, Plymouth, Poole, Somerset & Torbay valid from 0900 Tue 05 May to 1900 Tue 05 May

Just checked the BBC online forecast, Winds reaching 42mph between 1200 and 1900hrs.

/emoticons/sad.png

I will be starting a silly o'clock (6am) tomorrow as I have a pub gutter clearing job to do.

Looks like that I might be getting a bit wet thought but the forcast for wind speed is 12 so still doable /emoticons/smile.png

I did not plan that job very well as am out at 7pm tonight for a curry with me boys and one or two pints of the black stuff as you do. Needless to say that job tomorrow I'm charging extra though because the chap wants it done yesterday /emoticons/biggrin.png

man pants in the morning then....

yeh looks as though I may be okay for the few hours cheapie works..../emoticons/biggrin.png bungalows....

its been very windy in our house of late ...I think its old age..bloody dog.

Well my day finished at 8.30 this morming. Was a bloody good job too a the wind and rain is bad here now.

same here, done by 9 /emoticons/smile.png though typically the sun came out as I drove home, but the wind is really picking up.

It looks like just Thurs & Fri for reasonable weather

After getting an emergency call to quote to clear some guttering and block downspouts I went back out as you do. Was much too windy for ladders but managed just about using a guttervac. I've got to pop back to clear one downspout by hand probably on Friday which is a pain in the **** to reach.

The good news is I mentioned about the state of the chaps large block paving driveway and in the end got that to do also the patio area too. /emoticons/smile.png

Going to that quote earlier on I noticed these two numpties pressure washing a step pitched roof. The best bit I missed filming as was trying to be covert like the lad with the turbo lance (right) to stop him slipping off the roof doing that steep bit further down was just being held by a rope the other lad was holding on to stood up on the ridge... FFS :confused:

View attachment 4335

It also did not make any sense to me why they did not get scaffolding erected to do that job as it's a very affluent area. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
got out at 9 and just finished, couple of heavy showers and windy as hell but all good apart from that.

out from 7 - 2 waas hard going very wet in belfast but got there was hungry wet and sore decided to go home get sausage soda shower n hot bottle for my ankle lol

Back