Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Liquidator, worth buying?

It is strange to me how many people are struggling with it as i have had no issues eitherI don't understand

Wish i did so i could maybe suss out what the problem is
Yeah I was expecting a struggle but found it great to use

Also tbh the rubber is great

Rubber is rubber !

The moerman rubber does wear out stupidly quick though.

The razr lasts forever

Did you mod your own channels beforehand?

I have done for ages and thought maybe that's why i have no issues due to already being used to modded blades

I got a prototype a long time before you could buy them and had a little issue with closing out i think it was or something like that and took polz advice and not a problem since

View attachment 7374 View attachment 7375 Mine doesn't lock at all. Not sure if I have a faulty one or not then :-/
*edit* just checked and yeah think mines faulty, noticed all the others I've seen the button pops out once you've choose your angle whereas mine stays in untill returned to flat.
Yep if after a little bit of 'wriggle' it does'nt lock? Then you've got a faulty one. Ask for it to be replaced.

The moerman rubber does wear out stupidly quick though.The razr lasts forever

Did you mod your own channels beforehand?

I have done for ages and thought maybe that's why i have no issues due to already being used to modded blades

I got a prototype a long time before you could buy them and had a little issue with closing out i think it was or something like that and took polz advice and not a problem since
Tbh am **** at modifying fixing or anything like that

Comes out the box and I use it or lose it - will see how rubber lasts but am mostly WFP anyway

You will be soon ...

Yeah I was expecting a struggle but found it great to useAlso tbh the rubber is great

Rubber is rubber !
only an inexperienced trad cleaner would say rubber is rubber as many different windys find different makes/types of rubber suit different techniques and weather conditions i.m.o

only an inexperienced trad cleaner would say rubber is rubber as many different windys find different makes/types of rubber suit different techniques and weather conditions i.m.o
Well I been doing it 20 years so looking forward to becoming 'experienced'!

rubber is hard or soft can't tell any difference between the different company's stuff

Well I been doing it 20 years so looking forward to becoming 'experienced'!rubber is hard or soft can't tell any difference between the different company's stuff
/emoticons/biggrin.png 20 years is the dogs bo-lox :thumbsup:

but is there a reason so many on here talk about different rubber razr , unger ettore etc. one lasting longer others one better than other etc. or all just talking bo-lox

just asking:D

Must admit so do I. Unger soft is by far the best of them all. Have tried others but none come close. Probably the closest is the razr red. Have tried ettore & pulex. Sorry IMO rubber is not just rubber.

Unger soft is the best imo with thin channels like the unger s but for ettore sized channels and liquidators ot has to be razr

The best would be razr but the right size for unger channels

It is too big for the dogears to work properly on the unger channels

View attachment 4991

We'll I jumped on the bandwagon this week. Firstly bought just the channel to put on my unger ninja.
Arrives in post, runs to van with big grin, channel in hand all excited...... Goes to fit.

Erm.... No moerman channel too thin. Feck sake, oh well I'll have to buy the handle now.

Handle arrives this morning, runs to van with big grin handle in hand knowing it'll all fit ...... Puts together ...... Tests back door window -Not impressed.

Don't like the handle at all. Feels cheap an it's too flat with no angle and pressing the side button in to adjust angle works but you can't lock it....... Pointless

And I don't like the screw adjuster underneath as it's in the way when you use it :-(

However I do really like the channel

View attachment 7372 View attachment 7373
Hate the big ****. Swivel is a waste of space but I do love the feel of the handle...so...throw the **** away, JB WELD the two parts together taking care you don't foul up the 0/40° mech and tidy the underside up with a grommet. ...perfect.

View attachment 4990

Unger soft is the best imo with thin channels like the unger s but for ettore sized channels and liquidators ot has to be razrThe best would be razr but the right size for unger channels

It is too big for the dogears to work properly on the unger channels
I hadn't really noticed a difference in the height of channels between brands.

I like the unger soft rubber, but the problem I have is that it doesn't sit high enough out the top of the channel. So sometimes when I'm doing straight pulls, the water clogs in the back of the channel and leaves marks as you pull down.

The ettorre is a little a bit higher in height. So I never ever seem to get that problem

So do people think the razr red is better for the liquidator. I put one of my hard Moerman rubber in it earlier which i don't think produces great results but the most impressive thing about hard rubber was that it didn't buckle.

Got my liquidator today. Ettorre rubber far too soft and makes it buckle.

Put in a under hard rubber and noticed a big difference.

Not a big fan of the handle, my ergo tec XL fits it and feels a lot better. Will let you know how I get on tomorrow, but I just did my house windows inside and out and didn't use one cloth for detailing. Really impressed.

Latest Posts

Back