Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Get Off My Patch

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

Had a lady call this morning to say her windows have already been cleaned by someone else so no longer required my services as the chap canvasing gave her a cheaper price and cleaned them there and then. The little cheeky devil :Image13:

Anyway I said "no problem and thanks you for letting me know"

Has this ever happened to anyone else? :Image10:

yer sorry about that, but as soon as she said she had you cleaning i knew that i could go in at £30 for those 8 windows and still be cheaper! lol :Image9:

I suppose the new chap could always get a low loader in a move their caravan when they are out if they did not pay. :Image13:

smurf i had worse, i was cleaning and they were knocking the doors saying they could go 2 quid lower than what i was charging. talk about a risky business. i caught one of the ladder monkies red handed, i asked him what his game is and he gave me a load of abuse so i chased him down the road. he dropped his ladders so i got hold of them and bunged them in a hedge with brambles. few days later i had calls from the customers id cleaned and they tried to steal off me saying there windows were smeared. strange how its the ones i was cleaning and they knocked, i went to investigate and someone had smeared something on the front windows. think it was something greasy but dunno what it was. i redone them and said if they come up smeared again call the police.

Seems to be getting like that here too as everyone is trying to undercut everyone else which does no one any favours if you are trying to run a legitimate business.

So it was you then :Image13:

Was only ten squid every 8 weeks so you are welcome to it RC :Image9:

yer sorry about that, but as soon as she said she had you cleaning i knew that i could go in at £30 for those 8 windows and still be cheaper! lol :Image9:

two guys who I new really well started on the windows, so I gave them 4 days work which I was keen to get rid off just to help the guys out.

Next thing I new they was only canvassing my graft which I had just cleaned, my business cards was only in the doors.They managed to get one house, who was a tight **** anyway

there was hell on !! of I went chapping on the guys door fuming. So now I take as much work in there area as i can

sorry if i insult anyone on here, my comment about ladder monkeys was towards the doleys who work illegally wear jeans and trainers and smoke dope. theres lots round here.

sorry if i insult anyone on here, my comment about ladder monkeys was towards the doleys who work illegally wear jeans and trainers and smoke dope. theres lots round here.
I sympathize with you,had this happen the other day,actually started cleaning windows before asking customer,and it was my customer,done it to a couple of my mates,they were polish,I caught up with them and let's just say they won't be doing it again after we finished with them

time of the year i think. most of them arnt window cleaners, they see it easy money, get some ladders and a few bits n bobs and your the part. with a pole etc you cant buy that with ya dole money can ya.

Cheap second hand backpack, used pole or a Harris. Water butt and a litre of resin in a pop bottle. Yes ya could quite easily.

I carry ladders, wear jeans and trainers and I'm registered legit. I couldn't bear wearing boots and I simply haven't got around to buying the work type trousers I want however, I do wear a polo top with my business name aswell as my personal name embroidred.

Setting up with a wfp shouldn't cost you much more than buying trade ladders and all the tools required to go trad however and this is just my opinion, wfp is easier work and requires a smaller learning curve and, can bring in alot more money quicker than trad and for me, opens more doors to the doley than trad does. There's two guys near me with all the water fed gear yet, they seem too short of cash to afford abit of lettering on their unmarked van, you do the math.

But on saying that, doley's, are attracted to the trade of window cleaning, they always have been and always will do, it's just that type of trade which is why I welcome a licence that can only be obtained from registering as self employed and not one issued for money via the council with police approval which does nothing to help the trade whatsoever.

Mart.

Not if they do a go job and are cheap they will have them windows sparkling missus :Image13:

Back